Wet/Dry sponge Q

sal t. nutz

The sponge that goes in between the bioballs chamber and the pump area in a wet/dry, I know not all Wet/Dry have this, but most do. Where can you get a replacement? A regular sponge is not porus enough, it has to be a special sponge.

almarktool

actually my LFS around here have them they are amde by amircle, they have a few dif sizes i usually get the bigger one and cut it with scissors to fit,
should never really need a new one justt rinse it out it will look dirty after awhile from discoloration but it ishould still work fine

cap'n pete

I don't know what size you need but any LFS should have sponges for Hagen AquaClear filters. Come in different sizes depending on model and can be cut to size with scissors. The biggest are about 4"X8" (I'm guessing). If that's not big enough you can always buy two and cut to shape. They are also pretty cheap.

tangman99

As we live in the same city, Aquazoo on San Jose sells them. I don't remember how much, but I've seen them several times.
Tangman :)

ekclark

The website petsolutions.com has them. I ordered three a few weeks back and they don't cost very much.

sal t. nutz

Atlantis Aquariums on Atlantic Blvd at Hodges. Great store. They are normally a little expensive, especially on dry goods and supplies. Fish prices are about average. But I will tell you one thing Tangman, don't buy fish anywhere else. I have an Aqua Zoo here also, and it SUCKS compared to Atlantis. The fish there are of great quality, and VERY healthy. By far the best fish store I have ever been to. But if you want cheap dry good, go to Fish Mania. There is one out by me and one over by you. They offer internet sales at www.fishmaniac.com and they will honor those prices in the store locally if you ask.

tangman99

Atlantis is where I buy all my livestock. I know all the guys there very well. Been doing business with them for almost 3 years since they were Bioreef and before it was bought by the current owner.
I agree. Their livestock is great and I don't buy from anyone else in town. The drygoods are a little expensive, but I know the store has a pretty big overhead. I try to buy what I can from them, but have be reasonable.
The only reason I mentioned AquaZoo was because that is the only place I have ever noticed the wet/dry sponges. I have to go there sometime when I'm in a bind as it is only a couple of miles from my home. Atlantis is a little ride away.
Tangman