what a joke!

cabin7882

I was gonna order a $10 bottle of copepods from this site cause of free shipping LOL I went to check out and u get a $10 "processing" fee and a $10 fuel charge? what's up with that? so much for free shipping! u guys know where i could get a better deal on them?

cowfishrule

the $10 fsc (fuel surcharge) is an upcharge to battle the rising costs of fuel.
i am in logistics. it is an accessorial charge that, to be honest, is needed. if companies didnt charge this it would eventually bankrupt them.
its just a fact of trade.
the processing fee probably covers the hot/cold packs and other packing materials, including merchant fees (dont forget that visa / mc / disc / amex charge merchants for accepting their cards)

cabin7882

I get it but does the small bottle of pods need $20 extra $$$ to get to me? I think it's a lil rediculus if u ask me! but thanks for ur input!

phelpz

I worked for Fed Ex and I have never seen a fuel surcharge that high.
Most everything on this site is way less expensive than any fish store I've been to. You just have to order a lot of products make it worth it.

moneyman

What gets me is why swf.com is charging for fuel. The only thing they might do is drive to the airport and pick up a few crate of goodies. SWF charge $10 cuz fedex charge them some fuel charge. So, you're not paying for free shipping. But, it's all marketing....
That said, swf.com $10+$10 shipping is still cheaper then anywhere else I've seen. I am sure it costs more to box & overnight our livestock than $20.

cowfishrule

the 9.99 seems to be a fixed cost, not actual.
i just shipped a $17 package (freight cost) that cost me $3 in fsc.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by cabin7882
http:///forum/post/2495109
I was gonna order a $10 bottle of copepods from this site cause of free shipping LOL I went to check out and u get a $10 "processing" fee and a $10 fuel charge? what's up with that? so much for free shipping! u guys know where i could get a better deal on them?
Out of respect for SWF please do not post asking for competitor sites.

cowfishrule

fed ex charges an fsc, which swf passes through to us. when fuel goes down and fex ex stops charging the fsc, then swf will as well.