What about the deog face puffer?

whipple

All i see is the porks but i my self also like the dog face i currently have both in a tank with live rock a brittle star and they are like the best of freinds any one know why my dog blows up every once in a while theres no water prob and the pork and dog seem like long lost buddies?? :p

grandriverdude

How long have the two puffers been in there with the brittle star. Puffers are typically invertebrate crunchers! Is the brittle star tucked away in a crevice or what?

whipple

Both puffers are in the 135gal w/ls and lr. The puffers are constantly together but dont ever seem agressive towards each other. As for the brittle star all i ever see of him is his arms at feeding time grabing up any bits that make it to the bottom near. Nothing seems to be aggravating him he just puffs up every once in awhile and the kid at the pet store told me they do that to impress each other but its on the new side, only been happening a short time so i think thats wrong. Is there any real danger in them puffing up ? :confused:

hawkeye

Puffing is usually a sign of stress. Even if there is no aggression it is most likely that one feels threatened by the other and has to show how big he is. Is it at random times or during feeding? If you notice it during feeding then that is a sure sign that one is clearly dominent over the other. If it is a rare occurence then I would just keep an eye them.
Good luck