What am I doing wrong?????

cranberry

I've glued airline tubing inside the utube.... when I am starting the siphon I just suck on the tube until all the air is done. You can do it periodically as well, when a bubble collects in there. After I do it, I cap the end with an adjustable adapter or an air valve. Lemme see if I can get a pic. We may have removed it because the tank is just a LR tank right now.

rykna

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/2809639
I've glued airline tubing inside the utube.... when I am starting the siphon I just suck on the tube until all the air is done. You can dowith periodically as well when a bubble collects in there. After I do it I cap th eend with an adjustable adapter or an air valve. Lemme see if I can get a pic. We may have removed it because the tank is just a LR tank right now.
That would be AWESOME!!! I do best with pics
Thank you.

cranberry

Be right back. It was removed, but I'll make one really quick with another U-tube I found in the closet.

cranberry

The tubing can be as long as you want it to be so you don't have tobe reaching back there too far to get it.

A little closer... i changed up the contrast a bit hoping you will be able to see it.

cranberry

Okay, I couldn't find the part that hangs on the outside of the tank... but that's the side the u-tube goes into that has the airline. The part that doesn't have the airline goes into the part that goes into the tank (as you see in the pic)
And you suck until all the air is out (at which time the siphon will also be started).
Now, I actually used a 60cc syringe and just aspirated the air so I never got that mouthfull (if your not careful).
And I also had a short piece of airline on the end on the adapter and so I could attach the syringe... but it is also easier to mouth aspirate also with a little bit of tubing there and just open and close the valve.