what amemone to get in 30gl

clowny123

I have a 30gl tank and i have 2 percs and want to get an anemone for them. .I have 2 condy anemones; i know that clowns dont go in those. I dont know if i have the right lighting:help: :help: :help:

microman2k

i have a hatian pink tip anemone in my 29 gallon and my tomato is hosting it, he did it right off the bat.
what part of tennessee are you in? i am from east tennessee.
and oh yea.......
WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!!! :cheer: :yes: :D :happyfish

viper_930

Welcome Aboard! :cheer:
What kind of lighting do you have? Is it just the normal double-ended ones that come with the tank?

fishman830

don't get an anemone unless you have a lot of VHO (very high output) or MH(metal halide) lighting.. it will cost more.... but it'll keep the anemone happy.. and oyu don't have to have an anemone to keep keep clowns happy.. they will live just fine w/o one

dbennett78

I have the 2x96W power compact fixture over my 30 gallon and my anemone is doing great. Personally I dont think you need the cost of a metal halide on a tank that small for an anemone to flourish.

viper_930

You have to get at least PC lights before you get the anemone. THen I would recommend a bubble-tip anemone. Then move the 2 condy anemones out of the tank or else the BTA and them would fight.

viper_930

Originally posted by AGENT 14
IMO you should get a bubble tipped anemone those host most clowns and are less aggressive

:yes:

viper_930

BTA means bubble-tip anemone.
How long is your tank? Also, is the lighting going to be in a canopy or do you need the entire fixture?