What are my zoas doing? :(

luvmybizz

It seems to me like in the last week my zoas have been getting these brown"super zoas" in with them! They are ugly as sin and was wondering if this was normal of if I should take care of it somehow?

luvmybizz

How would I get rid of this if this is the problem? I seem to have more and more of it growing on rocks now

teresaq

do a search on them, there are several ways to get rid of them, peperment shrimp, joes juice, lemon juice, boiling water
Someone just posted a video on this. Cant remember the name though
T
ps, can you get a better picture just to be sure -- before you stare killing them.

puffer32

Do they retract into the rock when touched? If they close like your other zoas, but do not disappear they coould just be a color morph which is what they look like to me in the pic. They seem to have a white center, could be palys.

greenreefer

Don't quite look like aiptasia to me, but hard to tell from the pic. Can you get us a clearer pic? If not you should be able to find plenty of pics on the web to compare to yours. If they are aiptasia then joe's juice works very well and comes with an easy to use applicator.