What are safe levels for ph,ammonia,nitrate and nitrite?

mark_d

so my tank had been cycled for longer than i thought o__O

Hey! good to know this! ill be takin my water to the LFS today then... guess this might also mean mys slightly high nitrite reading is false too ^__^

seegert

As for the question from Saltysand, Ophiura Hit the answer right on the head! I did trust my lfs because she has had a tank for 5 years and doesn't test and her fish looked fine. She told me as long as I do a 10% water change every month I would be fine. Then I got curious to see other sw fish I could get because she is extremely limited on selection and extremely high on price, so I went online and found this site and now I am learning a lot! I am grateful to the people in here who are willing to help! I love my tank! Unfortunately there are only 5 crabs, 1 cleaner shrimp and my little bit of lr in it now cause I had to learn the hard way due to bad advice from my lfs which I assumed knew what she was talking about because she has sw tanks as well. Now I am working on my water, then I will be getting ls and more lr, later corals.. shrooms...polyps..so on and fish as well as more cleaners. First water and better lighting. I will also be transitioning everything to my 54 gallon bowfront with much better supplies before adding anything living. I intend to do all this slowly so my success rate is higher.

ophiura

Originally Posted by martinshuc
any one know about aquarium pharmaceuticals inc. water testing kits?

They are not the best quality, nor the most accurate.