What are the three best fish I can get for my 30gallon?

ramey70

I know they have to be small and 3 may be even too many. What are the best and most beautiful fish I can put in here? I have a green open brain, red lobophylia brain, pulsing xenia, numerous mushrooms, red chili cactus coral, cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp, snails and hermits. I've got a blue damsel and a clarkii clown but both are about to go to my sister's tank. Basically, what is the best combination of fish if I don't mind spending up to $75 per fish?

broomer5

Man JWT - you beat me to the punch ;)
I agree with your suggestion.
Purple Firefish - stays small and cool looking fish for sure.
Royal Gramma - hard to beat for color.
Percula - nice addition to any reef
Also - I'm fond of the Banggai cardinals

mrmaroon

hey Ramey:
I just got a pusing zenia. It appears to be doing well. It is still pulsing and is a little taller than when I first got it. Do you do anything special for yours?
thanks

fshhub

for color and activity, definitely
i LOVE the purple ff
clown and royal gramm
or if you don't mind a little aggression(no ff), the scott's multicolor wrasse is heavenly(colorwise), maybe a male and a female or 2
just a couple of suggestions

josh

I really like the gramma. I have one royal and one perc in my 29. This is plenty with all the LR and corals. Just love those colors of the gramma. BTW - good luck catching the damsel!! I don't envy that task at all :)
GOOD LUCK
Josh

Are you sure the Banghai cardinals would be ok in a reef tank. I was told that they like subdued lighting. Not the bright lights of a reef tank.

ramey70

mattjtitus
I bought my xenia and it was a little over an inch tall about 4 months ago. It has since grown 3 inches and split into 4 different stalks. The only thing I add is Kent Phytoplex and Kent Coral Accel.
Thanks guys,
I am definately thinking of the Scott's Multicolored Wrasse or a Velvet Wrasse.

nyyanks154

Off the main topic, but on the topic of xenia: Use combi-san or some other iodine rich suppliment...Iodine makes Xenia go nuts.

option720

I keep a false percula and a six line wrasse in my tank. I may eventually add a jawfish, purple firefish, or another clown.