What are these anemones?

sac10918

Hi
I have posted this pic before but need a definitive answer. What type of anemones are these? Are they good or bad? If bad, how do I get them out of my tank without damaging anything else?

zman1

Majano
They grow fast and some consider them a pest.. I had them on a small new rock and just scaped them off. I think It was Bang Guy that talked about a toothpick/skewer to pick them off.

sac10918

If I pick them off, will they release any toxins into my tank? Should I remove the rock they are on and pick them off outside of the tank?
They do grow fast...My one turned into three which turned into 9. I don't want them to double again.

zman1

If the rock is easy to remove then I would do that and pick them off. If not, you may just pick them off in the tank. I found mine on the backside of a new zoa rock and was easy to remove since I put it in a few days earlier.

ci11337

Originally Posted by shogun323
You can always pick up some Joe's Juice and nuke 'em with it. It's pretty cheap and works great!!
...and it's fun to watch the anemones "melt"

maryd

I zapped my nasties with the turkey baster and hot water and vinegar. They never came back.

chilwil84

boiling water and a real syringe is a gaurenteed way to get rid of them otherwiser you will just be heating your water with a chance to kill them

mpls man

i think there some type of rock anemone, they can spread fast if you dont stop them. i have some in my tank and i kill them with joes juice or mix some kalkwasser into a sringe and inject it into the mouth. usually works great for me. :joy:

chinnyr

If they have pink tips,I have seen these for sale(yes,for sale) on ---- as "Tulip Anemones".I have never had these,or Majono Anemones,which they also look like.But,from what I have read they multiply like mad.It's a shame because they look pretty too.