What brand coral foods do you feed?

snakeblitz33

There is already a thread on here about what you feed your corals... but I was wondering if anyone out there actually feeds a shelf blend of food, or something frozen like Rod's.

Basically, if you don't mind, list out a few things:

size tank
what type of tank
how much do you feed
what do you feed...

I'm looking at buying a very small container of Rod's and/or Phyto2 or algagen... just to feed the tank something, even though I have no fish.

deton8it

I thaw a cube of cyclops and a few krill in some tank water in a bowl and squirt some in the tank. What I don't use I refreeze. It will last me 2-3 days normally. The krill is for my Sebae anemone, pearl bubble and plate corals. Everything else eats the cyclops.

John

I feed mine Rod's. I think it's called complete reef. I don't have any experience with any other food (other than flake), but I've never had any problem feeding any animal in my tank. From my CB angelfish, corals, to cleanup crew, they all go crazy when it hits the water.

Edited to add:

33 gallon tank
LPS & Softies
Crabs, shrimp, & snails.

I don't currently have any fish, but the fish I have had were a Coral Beauty Angelfish & clownfish. (Angelfish carpet surfed, and clowns got some kind of infection from one I ordered online).

sweatervest13

I feed coral frenzy and oyster-feast once or twice a week.

The coral frenzy is a powder that you just mix with RO. The oyster feast is a refrigerated liquid.

125g mixed reef mostly LPS and SPS. I always feed under the recommended amounts by the manufacturer.

btldreef

Fish poop!
Lol
But seriously, fish poop really can be a fertilizer of sorts for coral.
My 180 gets 1 cube emeral entree and 1 cube PE mysis every night. Occasionally we skip a night.
We also feed different colored macro algae sheets and fresh macros from the regugium.
Nutramar Ova for SPS, but we use it very sparingly. Same with cyclopeez