What brand of Laptop would you buy?

almarktool

I have a Micron back when i used a laptop was very happy with it still have it just don't use it ,
freind has a dell it looks pretty nice works well
my preference is however a clone ( u build ) desktop i can swap cd rom drives video cards add anything i want with out going to the major manufacture and getting screwed , this is of course only any good if a desktop is a option

robchuck

The company I work for has always provided Dell Laptops. I like them alot compared to some other laptops that I've used.

nacl-h2o

I service laptops and PC's and when it comes to laptops I have the lowest failure rates with IBM's and Dell's. The newer Compaq's are getting a little better and if I had to pick a 3rd choice it would probably be them.

ddt

This is a dangerous debate to get started on but...you should get a Mac.
I spend most of my week suffering with PCs. when I get home I use Macs. Why? because they WORK. I don't have to worry about locating some obscure drivers, bad inits or whatever. I turn it on and can enjoy using the nachine to help me accomplish what I want without getting in the way. OS 10 has crashed exactly once in four months(on three computers) and the new laptops are fast and can easily replace a desktop.
For genaral use the ibook 14" is a great machine, for more intense work gat the titanium 800 Mhz.
If you do digital photgrapy i-photo will satisfy most users (included), if you want to do video i-move is great (included), for MP3's i-tunes works very well (included).

jacksonpt

I work for New York State... we have a contract with Dell for our desktop computers, and IBM for our laptops. Dell does not have a good record with their laptops, and most Dell reps will say so. Dell desktops are great, their laptops are only middle of the road. I'd go with an IBM or a Mac.

pstanley

I also work with pc's and have the fewest problems with Dell desktops and laptops. They are also the easiest to support (via online through certifications.).

jpribelin

Dell's are great, but one major thing that sucks about them is that they dont have AMD processors and intel sucks.