What Can I Do?

johnnyv

:help:
I have had the same fish for about 2 years. A beautiful Regal Tang, A Yellow Tang and a Blue Faced Trigger, all in a 50 Gallon. The are healthy as can be, I haven't lost a fish, had an illness or even a loss of appetite in over a year and a half. The problem is if I add anything else to the tank it gets killed by the Regal. I have tried rearanging the rocks, adding rocks taking out rocks, lighting insence and caling the physic friends network! I am at the point where I would like to add additiona fish to the tank, what can I do with the three fish I have?
I have also tried to get pet stores in the area to take them, but they won't take salt fish.
Thanks for any advice....
J.V.

gilpil

Reply, definitly get those fish out of a 50g and to a much larger home. then you can get some smaller fish. You may be able to get some people in your area to trade. Ask on this board, maybe in the classifieds if anyone wants to trade or buy in the LA area? I am sure you can work something out.

H

hewetton

Before thinking about adding more fish, ask yourself this question: why does your regal tang try to kill any newcomer? Even if you rearrange decor twice a day, things won't get any better. The fundamental problem of your tank is too many fish in too small a tank. I hope you can work things out, too.

thedraven

Agree with the general consensus.
Not enough room for the larger fish is causing aggression. I just gave away my large (6") foxface lo because he outgrew my 75 gal, I posted on a local club board and somebody picked him up within two hours (he now lives in a 240 gal). Its a win-win situation.