what can i have with a green moray eel

lear192

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF TRYING TO BUILD A TANK AND FIGURE OUT WHAT TO PUT IN IT. THE TANK SIZE IS GOING TO BE 400 GALLONS. IT IS NOT A REEF TANK ONLY A SAND BOTTOM AND ROCKS I AM WANTING A GREEN MORAY EEL BUT I ALSO WANT OTHER STUFF BESIDES ONE EEL. I AM LOOKING AT SOME RAYS AND NOT SURE ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE THAT COULD NOT GET EATEN FOR DINNER PLEASE GIVE ME SOME CHOICES!!!!!

zemuro114

tank is to small for a green moray. These eels get 8+ feet and should be left in the ocean. They need a 1000+ gallon tank. A 400 can house a lot of cool big fish, but not a green moray or a tesselata.

moraym

I was actually about to say a tessalata. They get to be a little under six feet, and not as wide as a green moray, and you could house one in a 400g for life. Just make sure you get a canopy that you can clamp down.

gasguzzler

I cant believe the power of some of these brutes. My little 2 foot dragon moray rips my feeding stick out of my hand- even if I hold it with both!

lear192

what is everyone feeding there eels??? What would you feed a tessella or a golden tailed moray???

nickfish

Lets just say the price of Hawaiins are not too cool. I agree, green morays need a 1000+ tank. I have seen those monsters when diving. The head itself is about 1 foot. Greens can take a hand, and are not afraid to do it. I have heard greens are a little difficult to take care of to.