What can I keep under a Nova Extreme Pro?

karavak

I'm trying to find that out myself but for the 36" version. From what I gather it sounds like you can keep just about anything but some might be need to be more towards the surface.
But I'm still learning so not an expert at all.

patrick8929

i have the 20 in. over my 10 gallon and i can keep anything but that is giving me 10.8 watts per gallon. how many watts will you be getting all together?

ninjamini

I would say not successfully. It just does not sound like enough light. You probebly can to some extent but you would not have a great success with thriving corals.

I'm tuning in for some answers to this also. I am thinking about purchasing this exact light and do not want to have to upgrade again in the near future...

wangotango

nycbob has the same fixture on the same size tank.
Ditch the Current bulbs (they suck). Without true individual reflectors and crappy bulbs you're not going to get a whole lot of light out of that. I'd look into ATI, Geisemann, and UVL bulbs. You shouldn't have any problems keeping things after that.
-Justin

nycbob

Originally Posted by ninjamini
http:///forum/post/2871985
I would say not successfully. It just does not sound like enough light. You probebly can to some extent but you would not have a great success with thriving corals.
hey not true! mine under nova pro 6x54 over 72 bowfront. just gotta know where to place certain corals and inverts.