What color for the cabinets?

t316

Originally Posted by Scotts
http:///forum/post/2499586
We decided not to do the refinishing thing on the cabinets. well not so much we, the look of disgust I got the NO left no room for discussion.
T3, Cool about the granite. Do you have the slab or tile? we think the stuff is pretty cool.
Slabs, and all the cabinets are cherry, just like the cabinets around the aquarium in the photo you saw. But the good thing with that color granite is that it will go with just about anything. On the other hand, if I were you, I would sit back and just agree with everything she says, because no matter what you say, you are probably going to lose

kerriann

if you do decide to do white cabinets you could always do a lavender or lilac accent piece on them as well. you can get stencils pretty cheap and it'll add a bit more than just plain white cabinets. i would say sand 'em and stain them a maple color or something lighter but i'm afraid it's going to throw the granite surface off...

scotts

LTS, Would love to see the pictures of your project. I have heard of marble counters but not quartz. I would like to see that.
T3, I am well aware of that. In fact I have learned that it is my place to come up with ideas and she shoots them down one by one. Never sure which one is going to be the right one.

I guess our kitchen is really that bad. I wanted to spen $50 on some paint and do a little srucing up, everyone is telling me to start by spending a grand on the floor and go from there.
No frag parties at my house.

lovethesea

we start the tear out in about 2 weeks. Waiting on a corner cabinet to come it. We don't do electrical, but a friend of ours is helping us with some wiring
so I can have some under cabinet lighting. We seriously looked at granite as the price has come down a lot in the last few years. (at least the kind we were looking at) But we were introduced to Quartz by my sis in law and a freind of ours. With a family it seems the better fit for us. A little more user friendly. Plus the quartz business was/is offering a 18 gague stainless steel undermount sink for free. (about $350.00
)
http://www.cambriausa.com/
http://www.caesarstoneus.com/
there are a few others but we are going with cambria. They had a color I liked over the others. They are all the same, just different colors etc. We don't have that much counter space, so I did splurge on this a little. If we had a lot of countertop, I don't think we could have put it in our budget.
UGH.....I am NOT looking forward to this. At least I have a sink and fridge downstairs and we will keep the gas stove hooked up a long as possible.
Weren't you and I refinishing wood floors at the same time a few years ago??

scotts

LTS, sounds like you are doing in yourselvs? Good for you. That quartz looks pretty nice. I will keep that in mind when we are redoing our kitchen in a couple of years. My wife wants new windows first.
They say that redoing your kitchen is one of the hardest things you can do. You do not realize how much you use it until you tear it up.
But I guess you are doing it at the right time so you can BBQ when you need to.
I was not refinishing my floors, I was installing them. That went well (I still get compliments about how good they look). A year later we decided to do the front room also. Ordered the material and unbeknowst to us or the flooring store they have changed the finish. Between returing the wood and checking the new wood it took about six months to do one room
But it is done and looks good