what color is a niger trigger

fish master

i been thinking about getting a niger trigger.but a lot of the pictures are different.i seen a picture of one that was a light blue color,thats what i would like to have.but i have seen other pictures of them being a darker color,almost black. our lfs doesnt have them so i have nothing to go by.could someone that has one tell me what they look like

nigerbang

Originally Posted by fish master
http:///forum/post/2511311
i been thinking about getting a niger trigger.but a lot of the pictures are different.i seen a picture of one that was a light blue color,thats what i would like to have.but i have seen other pictures of them being a darker color,almost black. our lfs doesnt have them so i have nothing to go by.could someone that has one tell me what they look like
I have seen Dark Blue, sometimes kinda a green color at night to jet black before..

jaymz

They are usually black with green undertones. They will fade to a dark green when lights are off and will darken back up when lights come back on. In my experiece. Maybe there are different colors from different regions.

maeistero

they change color as they age.
i grew up a ford mustang fanatic and i liken them to the mystic paint color. they change in different lights. adults sometimes look dark green, dark purple, or even black. the young ones in a bright flour light will be the sea green you see under the pics on this site.

nigerbang

That's a black durgon(sp) not an Odnus Niger.... They come from hawaii mostly, jeez if you don't know what you have ask.

ccampbell57

That is actually a Melichthys niger. It's scientific name is "Niger". So JAYMZ is correct. They are Jet black with irrodescent blue and green undertones. The more common Niger (Odonus Niger) is greenish blueish, purpleish.

nigerbang

Originally Posted by ccampbell57
http:///forum/post/2511656
That is actually a Melichthys niger. It's scientific name is "Niger". So JAYMZ is correct. They are Jet black with irrodescent blue and green undertones. The more common Niger (Odonus Niger) is greenish blueish, purpleish.
Purple,yellow and other tangs are in the same family aswell, you walk into a lfs and ask for a niger they are not going to give you a durgon, you will get handed a odonus everytime, its a matter of splitting hairs when we are lumping famlies together.