what color should a lawnmower blennie be?

my lawnmower blennie seems to have a pinkish color to it on its left side... when the rest of its body is brown.. im not sure if this is okay...
please.. any suggestions wil help... i love that fish

dfishh

i had a lawnmower blenny, and it was greyish with brownish on it it. i think there may be a pink like undertone but my lawnmower blenny died a while ago so i cant study it for u sry
DAVE

krishj39

because they depend on camoflouge, they can change colors quite a bit. all have the ability to make the front half much darker and the back half much lighter. mine sometimes is a light creme color on its back half, and a dark brown/purple on the front half. i have lots of dark LR with lots of coralline, and so my LMB is always a dark grey/brown, with a purpley tint (especially the eyes are a dark purple). Before I added all the LR and the tank was much lighter in color, the LMB was always a light grey/biege. I think that's part of what makes it such a cool fish, you never know what color it will be.

katara

I agree, mine is a light beige/grey with flourescent green/blue dots running down the length of his body.But, he does seem to blend into the colors of his environment.

superman

They can change colors to match surrounings. Maybe you got the pink from live rock. Mine used to get purple and pink. I have a Scooter now and he changes all kinds of colors.

reefsoe

OK please help me!
What else can i get my LMB to eat, this guy wont touch a thing. I've tried all sorts of Calurpa and he wont look at it. He ate the hair algae an thats it, he is getting very thin an im gettin upset that a ruined a little life

mine is eating algae off the glass.. hair algae and my macro agae, whcih are feathers...
dont htink that helped you any, reefsoe...