What concerts have you been to?

misfit

Originally Posted by alyssia
Okay now I'm gonna list who I would love to see. And yes, I realize some of these groups are no longer together/alive.
Madonna
Motley Crue-they were just in Columbus last week and I didn't know

Journey but only w/Steve Perry
Boston
Foreigner
Alyssia, dont be upset that you missed Motley crue!!! I just saw them the other night with Aerosmith for the second time and Aerosmith was GREAT but Vince Neil cant sing anymore .It was horrible and everyone there was saying it.The band sounded great but they werent what they used to be!!!

J

josebob

the best one so far
THE WHITE STRIPES (2)

the black keys
the prodigy
rage against the machine
apex twin
tenacious d

bjork
rammstien

alyssia

Originally Posted by misfit
Alyssia, dont be upset that you missed Motley crue!!! I just saw them the other night with Aerosmith for the second time and Aerosmith was GREAT but Vince Neil cant sing anymore .It was horrible and everyone there was saying it.The band sounded great but they werent what they used to be!!!

Thanks, that actually makes me feel better.

cj7eagle

since july 2000 i have seen...
Bob Dylan x14
Tom Petty x5
Roger Waters x2
Willie Nelson x2
Henry Rollins (spoken word) x3
the rest 1 time each
Blink 182
brian seltzer
new found glory
Jackson Browne
Alabama
Tim Mcgraw
Crosby Stills and Nash
Casting Crowns
Fleetwood Mac
Hot Club of Cowtown
The Raconteurs
Jimmie Vaughn
Junior Brown
And I am sure a few more that i have since forgotten
oh yeah... allman brothers band

alyssia

Originally Posted by cj7eagle
since july 2000 i have seen...
Bob Dylan x14
Tom Petty x5
Roger Waters x2
Willie Nelson x2
Henry Rollins (spoken word) x3
the rest 1 time each
Blink 182
brian seltzer
new found glory
Jackson Browne
Alabama
Tim Mcgraw
Crosby Stills and Nash
Casting Crowns
Fleetwood Mac
Hot Club of Cowtown
The Raconteurs
Jimmie Vaughn
Junior Brown
And I am sure a few more that i have since forgotten
oh yeah... allman brothers band

How was Jackson Browne?

cj7eagle

Originally Posted by alyssia
How was Jackson Browne?
It was a pretty good show, he opened for Tom Petty in 2001 if i remember right. Hard to say, those years i wasnt always sober for these concerts.

fishead

the (monsters of rock in nuremburg, germany) 1983, 84 and 86.
there i saw black sabbath with ronnie james dio as the front man, OZZY, def leopard, van halen, motley crue, motorhead, twisted sister, meatloaf and jethro tull to name a few.
also saw.
ted nugent
kiss
metalica
korn
godsmack
acdc
judas preist
snoop dog
wendy o williams
doro pecsh (warlock)
zztop
alice cooper
linkin park

agent707

I'm with soto... it would be impossible to list all the concerts I've been to. I don't have that good a memory.First concert I went to was Kiss (Alive tour) in '75. I was in High School then.Been to a gazillion since then.
My favorite band to see was Rush
(have no idea how many I tours of them I saw... Probably about 10).
Yes
was another great show.
Second Worst
concert I ever saw was Aerosmith
in '78. Tyler was so wasted he forgot words to songs and even fell down. Everyone boo'd them. The opening band Golden Earring blowed them away... if that says anything.
Worst concert EVER was Motley Crue
in Hollywood Florida. '86 I believe. I can't even go on how bad that band sucked...

Tommy Lee was beyond obnoxious drunk. He yelled out "M***F***" like a hundred times.
The COOLEST
concert(gig) I saw was Tesla
. I saw them in a bar in North Carolina around '95. It was the COOLEST. They rocked SOOOO good! I was right in front on them (WAAAAAAAY closer than you could ever get at a concert arena).
Most memorable concert was in August (22nd I think?) 1982 I saw Ozzy Ozbourne
in Knoxville, TN (where I lived then, and now again). That night after the concert was when the plane crash happened that killed Randy Rohdes.
I heard about it the next morning. Randy TOTALLY rocked on the guitar that evening. Oddly enough, they were on their way to play at Hollywood Florida (Miami) the next night... where I moved to a few months later. Some friends I got to know there had tickets to see the show and were blown away from the news.
Latest conert I've been to is Yanni (yea, I thought it was pretty good).
Next concert I'm going to is John Tesh in April.

agent707

Oh, and one of the coolest PLACES I have ever seen a concert was at Red Rocks ampetheater in Denver Co. That was a WAY cool place to see a concert.
It was Brian Adams in '87.

30-xtra high

all i've seen was Genesis.
this summer i plan on seeing:
Third eye blind
Our lady peace.
Blink 182
No affects
Alice in Chains
and possibly Counting Crows if they play their old stuff.

coachklm

Ive only been to 2
UB40 when they were in Thailand
and a Texas Garth Brooks concert
But I did see alot of good ones at the Texas Livestock Show and Rodeo I believe it was in '97 or '98

teresaq

my last one was CHER. Went to a couple others, but it was a long time ago.
Though i did see Cats twice.

katiev

Actually...I'm kind of embarassed to admit what my first concert was. In my defense: my stepmom got the tickets for me as a birthday present, and was very excited about them. I didn't want to break it to her that I'd been over *cough* N'Sync *cough* for awhile.
Other than that, I've seen Incubus in concert. They were awesome.

skipperdz

godsmack
taproot
evans blue
clutch
ra
theory of a deadman
buckcherry
black stone cherry on 2/22
nonpoint
skindred
alien ant farm
local h
gourds
audioslave
disturbed
twisted method
shinedown
hed pe
papa roach

agent707

Originally Posted by skipperdz
godsmack
taproot
evans blue
clutch
ra
theory of a deadman
buckcherry
black stone cherry on 2/22
nonpoint
skindred
alien ant farm
local h
gourds
audioslave
disturbed
twisted method
shinedown
hed pe
papa roach
I've "heard of" only one of those bands. The first one, and only "heard of" them. I'm taking it as a good thing though.

breineach1

Like a few other people in this thread I've been to WAY more concerts than I can list here, but some of the most fun:
MC Chris- he took time out to sign everyone's anything (I got my pocket protector signed- geeks rule!)
Mighty Mighty Bosstones- you haven't lived till you've seen 1500 people all pogoing in sync!
Primus- Claypool is the most insane bassist ever. Period.
Warped Tour before it got all commercialized was great.
We have had Ministry shows in town 3 years running so far- this past summer they played with RevCo- an old-school good time all around!
Snoop Dogg AND Korn- at the same show- heaven!
We took our friend's little sister to see her first concert this year (MSI), she was so excited. It was too cute!
Plus there's all the local bands that are just awesome- we catch probably 20 local shows a year, plus all the "big" ones.

xdave

Imagine this, the first time I saw a now-famous band was 1971. That was the James Gang, AKA Joe Walsh, which was at a 5oo person capacity teen club called Hellabalu. I grew up in Cleveland and everyone always played here. I went to at least 12 stadium concerts with 5-7 bands apiece, at least 8 of them broke the worlds record for indoor attendance. The first time I saw AC-DC was at a bar. They were warming up for Judas Priest. Angus Young dove off the stage and landed right next to me and had my shake his guitar while he hit some chords.
My list would be too long so heres a few highlights.
The first of 2 times I saw the Rolling Stones there were over 100000 people and it was 90 degrees. When they came on Mick sprayed us with a fire hose. When I saw the Who (original lineup with Keith Moon) we managed to get right up against the stage and Roger Daltry came over to my girlfriend, got down on one knee and sang a verse of "Behind Blue eyes to her".