what coral should I get

nikefutbol

I really want to get some more coral and watch them grow! I have a biocube 14 with stock lighting and have a branching hammer frag and 3 rics (orange, pink, green) what other corals should I get?!?!

kraylen

It all depends what you like really. Keeping in mind compatibility with corals and fish. Mushrooms, zoas etc etc are really easy to keep and can come in an assortment of amazing colors. LPS is also pretty easy to keep and get some of THEE most intense and interesting colors in the hobby I think.
Basically, shop around and see what you like... research it and make a decision. Keep in mind when you buy something that it will grow in... so, if you see something you REALLY love and something you like... get what you LOVE because your tank will be overgrown with so-so stuff you may not have wanted an entire tank of.
HTH

flower

Originally Posted by Kraylen
http:///forum/post/3202272
It all depends what you like really. Keeping in mind compatibility with corals and fish. Mushrooms, zoas etc etc are really easy to keep and can come in an assortment of amazing colors. LPS is also pretty easy to keep and get some of THEE most intense and interesting colors in the hobby I think.
Basically, shop around and see what you like... research it and make a decision. Keep in mind when you buy something that it will grow in... so, if you see something you REALLY love and something you like... get what you LOVE because your tank will be overgrown with so-so stuff you may not have wanted an entire tank of.
HTH

Good advice, I agree. Do your homework and make sure you get what you really want.
Stop and think, are you wanting a certian color, or maybe something to flow in the current? Maybe there is an empty spot you want to fill in or cover.
By answering these questions, it will help you decide what to get.
Happy Reefing!

nikefutbol

I just go a powerhead to increase flow but you guys nailed it on the head I LOVE MY RICS!!!! I would love if they covered half of my tank, i have 3 and am thinking about getting the
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11...ot_parent_id=4
that would take up most of my tank i think its a little overkill seeing as they'll multiply but i love the yumas and different colors. Any other ric suggestions?? I also LOVE my hammer too, so im thinking about 1 more either frogspawn of torch frag to go with the hammer a rics and then watch em grow! Thanks for your help!

fenrir

I have a Duncan coral in my tank that started off with one head and now has around twenty heads in little over a year. I have the same tank and IMO it looks great!

btldreef

Fastest growing corals from personal experience:
Sun Coral (but you have to feed them daily)
Duncans (feed it mysis a couple times a week and it will grow like a weed)
Acans (feed a couple times a week and they'll grow faster)
Mushrooms
Zoanthids
Torch Coral (feed 1-2x a week for faster growth)
Hammer Coral (branching) (feed 1-2x a week for faster growth)
Frogspawn (feed 1-2x a week for faster growth)
(and of course SPS, but if you have stock lighting, you should not do SPS in the 14G BioCube)

btldreef

Originally Posted by nikefutbol
http:///forum/post/3202685
what do you feed to sun coral? Also how long will it take for my rics to multiply and split?
Anything meaty they'll accept. (brine, mysis, ghost shrimp, squid, etc)
I usually feed PE Mysis, sometimes Reef Nutrition ArctiPods. When I'm really lazy I just use the turkey baster that I use to feed my fish and squirt some fish food their way, they scarf it down.
As for ricordia, maybe someone else has a better answer, mine are super slow to split. They form a new mouth and start to split quite quickly but then take months to finally split in two

nikefutbol

sounds good thanks for your help! I really like the sun coral! I think I am going to get a couple more rics my LFS is selling them for $14 all different colors! I'll upload pics once I get my hands on my new coral!