what corals under PC lighting?

daisy

I've got a 58 gal oceanic with a 20 gal fuge underneath, lots of circulation, about 100 Lb LR and a protein skimmer. Fishes are yellow tang, maroon clown, royal gramma, lawnmower blennie, redlip blennie, and tiger gobie. There's an active and wonderful clean-up crew.
The tank has been set up for nearly 2.5 years, and I've got a ton of mushrooms and other softies. Question is -- without upgrading the lights (can't do that right now), what other corals can I safely add? Some folks have said that I can keep anything in that lighting, but that doesn't make sense to me. What do you think?
Thanks!
-Daisy

smarls

How much PC lighting do you have, and what type is it? (ie -240 watts, half 10k, and half actinic).

daisy

I'm not home right now and don't remember the specs. I can tell you it's one blue, one white, a 3-foot set of 2 bulbs.
I'll check when I get home.
-daisy

reefnut

One of your other posts says they are 2x96W PC. I would say about any soft coral with proper placement, LPS corals if they are placed in the upper half of the tank. Problem with a 58g is they are deep... 21"-22"??

jjlittle

I run my 150 gal with Vho lighting and I have everything from clams to acra's tons of softies all grow very well it all in the place ment. So I say take you pick and place them accordingly.:D