what corals with lg. angel and butterfly?

deejeff442

i am leaning towards finishing my 150 gallon with a lg. angel and a butterfly fish.now it just has lr.some sponge and little feathers of it.
i think i like the fish a little more than the lg.corals.
what kind of corals are more or less safe with these fish.
maybe polyps and mushrooms?
i would just like a little color on the rock.
also i have a banded shrimp .i could live with or without.

Personally, I would be asking what fish are good with the corals...
With angels, only the Genicanthus species are technically reef safe (ex. Swallowtail Angelfish), all others you take a chance. With Butterfly fish, all are risky, but the ones with longer noses tend to be better. For example, I have a Copperband Butterfly and he leaves the coral alone.

deejeff442

i am kinda going the other way ,i like the fish more than the corals .i wanted to find some color for the rocks if i can.
i have read the mushrooms should be ok and even a leather
i figured i would get the fish i like and if i cannot put in corals that would be fine.

paintballer768

Large angels and butterflies like to eat corals. Theres really not many at all that will do well with em, they snack too much. IMO try xenia or mushrooms with those. Those corals may be able to reproduce fast enough to compensate for damage taken.

deejeff442

i could live without the butterflys but would really like to have an emperor.
luckily i am in no rush.trying to plan.
i am actually thinking on building a 9 foot long tank.
i have a friend that works at a glass company and i need to talk to him about some matereals.
i just need to learn how to build my own tank first.
so i cannot remember ever seeing a folr tank to see what it was decorated with.not sure it is worth giving up corals for 1 fish.
maybe flip a coin?

aquaknight

From experience with my Blueface, I tried everything and am down to just a few. I can tell you off the bat, zoas and less toxic soft corals like xenia will be gone first. Followed closely by any LPS. The angel might seem safe for a bit, but the angel will have a field day with LPS.
Right now I'm down to SPS, a couple large mushrooms, and a bunch of photosynthenic gorgonians. Keeping SPS isn't the easiest thing in the world though...

deejeff442

blue face is an awesome looking fish.
i just like how an angel swims around so gracefully.
problem with corals is most are tough to keep and they cost more than the fish.figured i would do the folr and have easy corals.just fish would sure be alot less headaches.