what did you pay for your live rock?

sepulatian

I paid $3/lb through a distributor for the first 60lbs, then $2.98 at a store a few hours away for about 20lbs. I did buy a 6lb piece from the local LFS at $9.99/lb. It was a nice piece that had a lot of hitchhikers though. That was the only cured piece that I bought.

mimzy

i bought it full of hitchhikers from an LFS in Jersey, 7something per LB.
...the only reason I could spend that much on LR was the fact that my tank was only 12g and I didn't need that much to begin with.... buying online would have meant i'd get a cheaper price per lb, but I would have had to buy much more than I needed.

reefraff

I got mine from a guy who was breaking down his 180 for 300 bux. There was like 150 pounds of the stuff, cauliflower looking stuff that is light and hallow. had some eagle eye zoos and turquoise shrooms with red spots. Pieces were mostly too big for my 105 though. Got a ton of blue leg hermits and Astria snails too. Used stuff is dirt cheap around here.

keri

$7-$9/lb from the LFS - you just can't get it less than $6 here and the stuf for $6 is pretty sketchy... I just paid over $100 with tax for the last 10 LBs I bought of "Bali Alor" - beautiful shapes but NOTHINg has come out of it!! (oh well, at least that's nothing bad either!!)

nel621

At my local fs $6-8 lbs.Just ordered some from

[hr]
.Add said 45-52lbs of figi,midwest shipper.what I got was 27.5lbs of decent size,the rest to me is rubble,pieces under 2-3 inches,17.7lbs.With shipping about $3.50lbs.Company says we can file claim with UPS for breakage,seems pointless to me.

matt b

3.99lb. Rock comes straight out of the systems. Meaning it is fully cured and covered in coraline and full of hitch hikers.

ifirefight

1-2 dollars a LB at the MOST. Craigslist always has somebody selling/getting out. Depending on your location...I would recommend looking on that site. Im in South Florida and every day I can find somebody breaking down a tank. My .02

alix2.0

i agree, i have also found quite a few deals on there. always someone trying to get rid of stuff

but you may want to edit your post. i dont think you can talk about that site on here.