what do blennies eat?

lesleybird

Originally posted by Asbury030
are bicolor blennies as kool as scooters?

My bicolor blennie named Bennie has a really cute personality. He has his hole in the rock that he lives in with his head peaking out all the time. When we walk up to the tank his little eyes follow our every move. When he comes out to eat he kind of looks around and perches on the rocks here and there and then backs back into his hole tail first. I have read that they eat algea, but ours eats any kind of fish food offered. Lesley

harlequin

Scooter blennies are not blennies at all actaully but are members of the dragonet family like the mandarin. Do a search on mandarins and everything that applies to them also applies to scooters.
-Lawnmower blennies do not eat algae exclusively, I wish they did because I would have alot less algae. Mine and everyone elses I have seen eat flake just as readily. I think its a rare fish that wont eat anything besides algae from what I have seen and read on here.
-Bi-colors are cool, they are my favorite blenny. While they dont hop around as much as Scooters they are not an experienced aquarrist fish either and they are much more colorful.