What Do Dwarf Lionfish Eat

I Bought A Zebra Dwarf Lionfish I Was Just Woundering What They Eat. Also What Does A Diamond Goba Eat? Will They Eat The Copepodes Out Of The Sand?

I Got A Lion Fish On Monday And He Seams To Be Doing Fine But I Cant Get Him To Eat Ive Tried Bloodworms And Shrimp Brine But He Doesnt Seam Interested.

dragonzim

Do not feed any saltwater fish freshwater guppies. These are very bad for them and can cause liver damage. A lion, whether its a full size or a dwarf needs a range of meaty foods like krill, chopped clams, chopped squid or pretty much any other cut up saltwater fish that you might eat.

So Can I Just Buy Food From The Store Like I Would Buy For Myself And Feed It To Him And Do I Feed It Raw Or Cooked?

I Think Hes Dieing He Hasnt Eaten Anything In Three Days I Can Get Him To Eat I Have Only Tried The Frozen Stuff From The Pet Store. When He Swims He Doesnt Swim Far And Seams To Fall Onto His Side Sometimes.

Just get some raw shrimp from the grocery store. Or raw clams. Put it on a stick and shake it around. Close or in front of your lionfish face. So it's look alive.

lion_crazz

As far as something to get him to begin eating, go to your local fish store and pick up some live ghost shrimp. Before you give the ghost shrimp to the lion, give the ghost shrimp a good meal. This is called "gut-loading" the ghost shrimp so that it is more nutritious when the lion eats it.
When he does start eating and recognizing you, feed the lion krill, prawn, mysis, clam, mussel, small bits of squid, and other meaty variations.

shrimpi

Lionfish will usually not take food when they are first put into the tank. They can easily go 1-2weeks without food.
Although.... who knows how long its been since the LFS fed him.
Take raw seafood chop into a 'bite size' peice and put it on a prong, or skewer and wiggle it in front of him. Make it look like its 'trying to flee from the lionfish'
Most lions require some sort of stimulation or live food at first.
They generally prefer the larger foods / on a stick rather than little chunks of mysis/bloodworms. He would have to eat alot of those little foods to get full.
Try to feed him when the bright lights go out and its dawn/dusk. They usually hunt at night, so he may be shy during the day.
Gobys will eat anything pretty much that falls to the floor.
Alot of them starve b/c owners think they can live off of the 'generally clean' aquarium sand.
I throw a few krill in the tank for the goby sometimes and he grabs it and rips the head off so he can swallow it in large peices.
Good Luck
Jessica/Shrimpi

1journeyman

What type of "Goby"?
Often times "goby" is a gnerice word local fish stores throw around to cover any fish that they can't properly ID.
Dragonets, such as Mandarins and Scooter Blennies (Blenny is another word for "we don't know what it is") will eat pods. Other Gobies who are sand sifters will eat pods and other beneficial critters out of your sand bed.