What do I add for to the tank to START?!

si12ius

90 gal w/ 40 gal sump, coralife aqualight, coralife 125 protein skimmer, bag filter, 75lbs of LR.
My question is I want to start getting into soft corals I was wondering if anyone knew a great thread where I can find out what to put into my tank and how much like calcium, strontium, kalc??? I would need. Im completely clueless about it right now. I definately wanna start off with star polyps. Appreciate the help.

1journeyman

The general rule is don't add anything you aren't testing for.
Softies like polyps will be fine to add as long as you are using a quality salt mix and performing routine water changes. The mix should be balanced to handle a beginning load.
As you get more and more hard and soft corals (not sure about your lighting, so check that to make sure it is sufficient to what you want to keep) they will begin to drain your water of trace elements and calcium. That's when you will start adding or dosing.

si12ius

Oh! Thanks I thought I had to add all these buffers or something to keep it healthy and eating. what do I keep feeding it or put in the water for star polyps or leathers?