what do u think?

ems101

i have a little blue green algea in my 125 FOWLR and i was told to use some turbo snails and cleaner shrimp to get rid of it. Also I could get a yellow tang and it would also eat off any remaining algea.
is that a fact?
if not what can i do?
thanx for the help

bot587

If you geta bunch of turbo snails and 2 or 3 cleaner shrimp it will greatly reduce the algae. My yellow tang never let anything build on my tank walls (however, i get rid of my fish only tank with the tang in it).

ems101

thanx for the help. My tank has had problems with "ich" i am now putting the fish in after about a month and a half of quarantine. My nitrates are 10ppm everything else is perfect. could this be a problem for a tang?...
P.S. y did you get rid of your FOWLR?

msd2

Originally posted by EMS101
thanx for the help. My tank has had problems with "ich" i am now putting the fish in after about a month and a half of quarantine. My nitrates are 10ppm everything else is perfect. could this be a problem for a tang?...
P.S. y did you get rid of your FOWLR?

bot gave you good advice. You might want to do some water changes before putting your fish back in to see if you can get those ates down first though. It is acceptable for a fowlr to have 10ppm but thats high for a reef tank. Also if u get them down ur gonna see less aglae growth.