what do you all advise i do!!!

corbin1234

i hate my wet/dry. absolutly hate it!! it is a piece that i wish to deal with no more. im intrested in having a nice fuge, but i havent the faintest clue how fuges work.
I attached a picture of the wet/dry i have now (pic thanks to supalupa)
is there any way i could turn that into a fuge???
if i cant do that, can you all post designs for a fuge i could possibly construct myself please---
btw i have a 80 gallon wanna-be reef (wet/dry is holding me back a bit)

corbin1234

This just came to me when i stoped and looked at my filter for a little bit,
think this will work wonders or should i keep my dayjob

unleashed

what type of bio media are you using in the wet dry? I cant see any .
this was a wet dry i used on my 100 gal notice ho its set up with bio balls.the water level is suposed to be just under the egg crate .water is trickle filtered over the bio balls then returned back to the display.with out any bio media you are just churning the water.bio medi is kept above water level to ensure proper bacterial filtration.

corbin1234

noooooo thats not mine, thats from somebody eles that has that same filter, i just used the pic. my filter still has all the media in it. This pic IS my filter
So from what i hear so far, you people dont think it will work?

corbin1234

So... i finally decided to ditch that filter and build my own fuge...
how big of a tank do you think i should use? im hoping nothing over 20 gallons
i got a 80 gallon display if i didnt mention that before
oh yeah, and if i do go through with this fully, would i have to worry about going through a new cycle or anything like that? i only have a cinni clown and a rose goby in there, you think the change will shock them too much?

trimmer

Try this before you ditch it.
Where you want to put the sponge just block it off completly. Let the water flow from the skimmer section to the middle then flow over to the return pump. You might have to cut an inch or two off the TOP part of the devider where you wanted to add the sponge(you could use that at the bottom). This will give it a stair step effect for air and serculation in the fug. Remove top cover and white shelf in the middle. Add you substrate and cheato into middle compartment and a light. If you have any questions ask this is the way I have saw some of them constructed. NO money just time. Does any one agree?