What do you feed angelfish?

kb

Related to my other question about ick or something else-my emperor angel has flat white spots on his fins that come and go but today he has the most i have seen yet. All my levels are fine and i have two other angels in the tank that are fine. I know angels need to have sponge in their diet so i have angel formula frozen and flake that has the sponge in it. could this be diet related? The fish also has about 10 white spots on its side(really small). I have a qt. I have also heard that angelfish dont do well with copper(is this true?). Any experiences or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Do you feed your angel any greens? They must have algae sheets or some other type of green recommended with extra vitaims in order to maintain a balanced diet. If you have not been feeding the algae or have enough growing in your tank, more than likely your angel has HLLE. (lateral Line Disease) For this I would soak the algae sheets in Zoe to help cure your angel. My koran also got HLLE because I only fed the greens every other day instead of every day.
~~Megan

kb

i feed algae sheets everyday and i also have my backwall of the tank filled with green algae. So, there is no shortage of algae. I was wondering about a shortage of sponge. the fish is still eating well.

tjswanson

I feed my emperor mysis and brine shrimp, squid(they love it), blackworms, and plankton cubes. My emperor won't touch angel formula. How long have you had him? It took mine 2 weeks before he started to eat. TJ

kb

i have had mine for a about 1 month. He eats the angel formula 2 flakes,algae,frozen cubes, and now even eats pellets. At first he didnt go anywhere near the pellets but now they are his favorite. Actually the pellets are the favorite food of every fish in my tank. i have a lot of green algae on my back wall but i feed the fish green algae sheets daily(not a lot, but enough).

kb

My emperor looks fine again so, i guess it was nothing too serious. Thanks for the help!