What do you feed your anemones?

lvtofish

I have two LTAs and one condi and they seem to be so picky! I have fed them chopped up clams and shrimp and the next morning they shrivel up and it takes until that afternoon for them to become normal. I thought they liked meaty foods. What do you feed your anemones?

lvtofish

Also, the next morning after the feeding, they look like they have spit the food out? I have fed them before and this hasn't happened? They have been in the tank for two months and my water parameters are normal with no fluctuations in PH or salinity.

hot883

This is normal. They look like they turn themselves inside out, get small and then come back to normal hours later. I have fed my LTA evry 4 days or so a small piece of raw shrimp. He has tripled in size.

yacobito

Hey hot883, what kind of shrimp do you buy and where do you get it? Is it from the local grocery store?

unleashed

I feed mine liquid life with cyclopseze daily and marine plankton mysis shrimps and very small chopped meats such as crab and shrimp every other day

L

lockemup

Shrimp, live cyclopeze, plankton, brine flake, Light and I dose essential elements between waterchanges. Once my wife put a peice of fresh tuna in one and it pigged out on it.

K

kimc

I feed my LTA, silversides. I think I'm gonna suprise him with a piece of fresh shimp