What do you feed your yellow tang?

jeo

Just wondering what everyone feeds their yellow tang. I just got one and feed him formula 1 and 2. He doesn't like the grape calurpa from my sump so I am thinking he might need some other form of vegitation.

wablondie98664

i just go a yellow tang yesterday and i have been feeding it "sea veggie" flakes and i also put a piece of a seaweed sheet in for it and he has been all over that all day:D he has also been eating some of the formula 2 that i feed my other fish, but they don't let much fall from the surface for the tang to get to

baondayko

Mine is an absolute pig. Eats Formula 1,2, brine, and seaweed selects.
Its so funny to watch him go after the seaweed. It's almost like he becomes obsessed with getting it away from the clip.
Love my yellow tang.
Brock

D

daniel411

When I had my yellow tang I fed him a mix of brine shrimp and formula 1 & 2, I'd remove some maco algae from my refuge and place it in the tank weekly, I also placed a half strip of dried algae-green in the tank daily.

dacia

When I had mine, she ate Formula 1 and spirulina flakes. She loved both and was very healthy.

D

daniel411

Anyone have any luck with brown algae strips? For the most part they're ignored when ever I tried them.

i never tried the brown strips but it took my purple tang some time before he would eat the red, ide take a half sheet of the green and a half sheet of the red fold them together then put it in the tank

bbreaux1

i feed formula two and alittle formula one with some zoe and garlic extract and put in a piece of red seaweed a few times a week

When I had one a couple of years ago, he ate everything. I had marine algae strips that I fed him, and also spirulina algae flakes. He also ate brine and zoo plankton too. His name was Pootie-Tang!!! RIP!!!!

i also feed my purp formula 1&2, omega one super veggie flakes, mega marine, krill, mysis shrimp, clam, brine shrimp fortified with vitamins, spinich,brocoli(how ever u spell it)

swaquarim

I wish i still had mine:( .Anyways i would feed mine flake food and would hand feed him seaweed.They are some neat fishthough,im working on getting one again:) .

wablondie98664

squishyfish- yeah, a few days ago i got the idea to drop the flakes in where my filter returns water ant that way all the food instantly gets around the whole tank......i have even noticed my crabs getting some of the food this way:D

I

irenicus

Spiralina, Formula 2 (i think), seaweed sheets, mysis, krill bits.

I also feed mine frozen (but thawed) omnivore food, high in green food. My yellow tang loves it, and so do all the other fish! The tang's my favourite though! So cute! :D