What do you think of my tank so far?

skrimpz

This is my first saltwater tank i started it in December (of 2004)
I think i did very welll i didn't kill anything and had no problems. Took everything very slow anyway. What do you think so far im going to try to get rid of the damsels this week while im on spring break (college student).
*Its a 30 gallon hexagon
*With about 15 pds of live rock (figi + branch) plan on getting more i was orginally only going to do FO but after learning benefits i added some
*20 pds of live sand just switched from cc last week
*3 percula clowns
*2 blue fin damsels
beginner mistake
*1 choc chip star
*1 cleaner shrimp
*10 blue legged hermit crabs
*and 3 turbos
PS pics from today

masala4080

I like it a lot! Its very clean and has a look that not a lot of SW tanks have. Its definitly one of the better tanks I have seen. Great job!

S

sw_h2o

I think it looks very nice. I have a lot to learn I never seen a feeding ring. Off to search.

skrimpz

Thanx for the nice words. I got the feeding ring from one of the big chain store, not the one that sells saltwater fish though ( there even worse) It's like ony 2 bucks, it defintly help since it keep the food contained in one area less food falls to the bottom to prevent over feeding:D :happyfish

snipe

Pretty cool tank.
On the feeding ring all you need is a betty crocker "icing" lid "on of the deep ones" a suction cup and aquarium safe glue. That is what I did and my feeding ring reads betty crocker on the side lol.

snipe

Yup whatever works all you need is simply something to stop the water flow in that little circle. And plus a good "simple" DIY plan gives you something to do.