What do you think this is worth??

djpom1

I have a 155 bow front with 2 overflows, a pl400 Americle wet dry, mag 12 return pump, 2 vertiri protien skimmers, a 18 watt uv filter, a wave maker, three power heads, 3 175 watt metal halides, 2 96 watt atinics, 200 lbs figi live rock, 150 lbs live sand, with many corals anf fish. Also a 15 gallon aquarium for a sump. I am in the middle of an adoption and I am running low on my adoption funds and I am thinking of selling my tank. No Stand. My stand was built for me by my brother and I will save it until I get started again down the road. I was wondering what you guys think this is worth.
appriciate the advice.
Dennis

D

daniel411

Aquariums sell in a strange way. Some times people can almost get retail, other times people will struggle to get 25% of setup cost
I think you'd receive alot of phone calls and be able to sell it "quickly" asking $1000 firm. Its likely you could aquire much more than that, but its anyones guess at how long it would take to sell. If its absolute show room quality, you should be able to easily unload it at around $1500.

D

daniel411

Sadly at both of those prices you'd lose a fortune. I'm positive with time you could get quite a bit more. I'd seriously look at/consider your aquarium in the low 2g range without hesitation.

jeffjw1

It is hard to get decent money for anything. My suggestion is to part it out. Some stuff would sell high on ----.