What do you think?

scubadoo

Originally Posted by Darknes
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/12/10/air....ap/index.html
This really made me upset reading this. I could understand if there was a nativity scene, but it was just Christmas trees. Christmas is not only a Christian holiday anymore; it has evolved into a national holiday, and can be celebrated without any religious motives.
Our country needs to stop giving in to stupid demands by minorities. If someone wants to put up a menorah somewhere, I could care less; our country was built on freedom of religion. What's next? Is Christmas going to be removed from the list of federal holidays since it has Christian origins?

I am convinced there are too many people in this country with FAR too much time on thier hands.

mimzy

There is already another thread about this in the Aquarium.
I think everyone needs to just shut up and enjoy themselves.
Just be happy. I freakin' DARE you!

scubadoo

Originally Posted by Mimzy
There is already another thread about this in the Aquarium.
I think everyone needs to just shut up and enjoy themselves.
Just be happy. I freakin' DARE you!

Sorry to destroy your evening as I did not realize you were with the Aquarium Board Police.
Follow your own advice.
Bah Humbug!
Scuba Scrooge

scubadoo

Darknes...I was referring to the individual that was protesting not you regrading my comment/opinion.

mimzy

Originally Posted by ScubaDoo
Sorry to destroy your evening as I did not realize you were with the Aquarium Board Police.
Follow your own advice.
Bah Humbug!
Scuba Scrooge
did i tell you you were not allowed to say things? did i call a moderator and ask to have this thread deleted? No. I'm not policing, I am simply - as everyone else here is - voicing my opinion.
...which happens to be that we should all stop being so concerned about people squabbling over silly things and just enjoy this holiday season, as we are so fortunate to be able to do.
In short; shut up, and be happy.

michaeltx

This thread took a wrong turn in a hurry. I am going to lock it because there is a similiar thread on here already about the same thing. Just keep it civil there are alot of opinions and strong beliefs when it comes to telling someone to shut up and being rude about their beliefs its a stopping pont!!
I wish everyone best wishes and a safe holiday season.
Mike