What do you think?!?!

dperna

First off i would like to appoligize about how many threads i've made on the debate of my fish list
Well, I have a 58 gallon Oceanic tank, 36.5” long x 18.5” wide x 21” tall. Underneath is a 20 gallon sump with a Berlin Classic Turbo protein skimmer in it. Right now all i have in it is a Maroon Clownfish and a few inverts. When I upgraded from my 20gallon I was set on having a pufferfish, not knowing so much about them back then i thought 58g was plenty of room
(not to mention this tank with everything inclluding lr, ls, filtration, EVERYTHING..was only $100) so i thought it should work fine. My question is this, would i be able to have:
1 Maroon Clownfish
1 Dogface Pufferfish

I know they are capable of getting HUGE, 13" even, but i've read so many stories on this site of people hosting them in 55gallons. So would I be able to to keep one for a few years in my 58 gallon? thanks in advance

dperna

what about the people who keep dogfaces or porcupine? how long did you have them housed in your tank? were there alot of stress factors? suggestions????
btw, i realize these would definatly, no doubt about it, outgrow a 58g tank, but i might only have this tank running for the next 2 1/2 years anyways

sharkboy13

the puffer would outgrow that thing in a manner of months let alone years. go w/ a toby puffer or no puffer at all

dperna

alright what is the biggest, hardiest, toby i could get for my tank? the Saddled Toby(Canthigaster valentini)?