What do you think?....

grallster

Just did the aquascaping in my new 75 gal. How did I do? I'm not quite sure I like it. Does the arch look too un-natural?

T

thomas712

I for one think it looks really cool, I like it. I would like to have some piece of mind though that the arc is securley in place and will not fall down. Is it a seperate piece? How did you attach it.
Thomas

grallster

Yes, it is all one separate piece. It is just setting on the two rocks for now, while I decide whether or not to keep it this way. If I do keep it like this, and I think I will, I might try to weave cable ties around the ends somehow.
It's surprisingly stable for now.

lochi

Looks plenty natural. I've tried to make arches in my tank but I can never get it stable enough.

smarls

Looks good.
As for natural...everyone's tank looks unnatural at first. Once you surround the arch with corals, have fish resting under the arch in the shade, in amongst your mushrooms that are thriving in the shade of the arch....then i think it will look completely natural!!
Stewart

D

daniel411

I really like it! You might find better luck with some adhesive vs. cable ties for stability.

grallster

Yes, the tank is in my temperary bedroom while I remodel my original bedroom. I think I will turn the room into a den with a futon in case of company staying over.
Thanks for the nice comments!
I've already got one mushroom colony under the arch :) .
Dave

m.rogers

i think it lookes very cool as well and it being a in wall makes it even more cool looking.thanks for sharing.
mike