what do you use to clean outside glass?

cgrant

I was wondering what everyone uses to clean the outside of the aquariums?
I am going to try and use windex but figured I would ask and see what everyone is using?
Thanks!

slappy

if you have an open top be careful, i have a full hood on my tank and i spray windex on paper towels in a different room then withe glass

dexter

Canopy top and closed with no gaps, I use windex also. I spray it on the towel in the kitchen and then walk to the tank and wipe it.

when I had my open top 30 gallon, I used white vinegar and water.
Dxtr

timdaddie

.I just use a wet rag. Then I follow with a dry one. That works best for me, and I have no chance of contamination

seannmelly

We use 2 papertowels, one wet the other dry. Wipe w/ the wet one, and then wipe w/ the dry one to get all the salt film off.

vtfishies

Originally Posted by TimDaddie
.I just use a wet rag. Then I follow with a dry one. That works best for me, and I have no chance of contamination
me too..works great

reefnut

Originally Posted by seannmelly
We use 2 papertowels, one wet the other dry. Wipe w/ the wet one, and then wipe w/ the dry one to get all the salt film off.
Another ditto... water is all I ever use.

granny

Paper towels and regular towels,wet and dry are safest, but for cleaning salt crud on the glass, the vinegar works best-just remove the tops first!!

jsgreer1

Originally Posted by slappy
if you have an open top be careful, i have a full hood on my tank and i spray windex on paper towels in a different room then withe glass
i do the same works fine.