What do you use

leopard_babe

Thanks guys,
I don't think tat I can do mh. There is nothing in my price range that will work for me, so it is looking like vho. My LFS was trying to set me up. They are very reliable, but I am getting as many opinions as I can.
Thanks,
Leopard

skirrby

just a quick update.. ive been running the halides for over a week now at 4 hours a day.. and my tank temp hasnt even gone up one degree.

wrassie86

MH can be cheap if it is all diy. ballast for 175 mh from a lighting supply place cost roughly $40.bulbs well $40 to $100
i have a 125g with 3-175 watt XM"S 2 96watt pc ,custom built hood with 3 -3inch pc fans .with my ac set at 75 my tank stays at 79 or less.i've had my tank for about 7 years 5 of those yaers with vho and pc i would never go back.if you search around enough you can put the stuff together cheap ,hell my first mh ballasts were used off of ----.altho 2 years later 1 is still working but at 40 a pop it can blow when ever it wants to.
good luck with what ever you choose:)

leopard_babe

thanks wrassie,
If my tank wasn't a bow, I would definately build a hood. I think it would be hard to build a hood for a bow. Otherwise I would defintely DIY. I will check the DIY and see if there is anything in there about hoods for a bow.
In my aviatar... I am a ballet dancer. After shows we party. I went to a party after a show, and was bartending (I am very good at bartending)... I just had to borrow the jack from the bar for a moment, for a quic pix. Hence the goofy hari, make-up, and jewelery.
Thanks all,
Leopard

kablamo

OK, the left part of the avatar is your hand holding the camera. Whew!
I thought it was an unspeakable part of your under shirt region and wondered if the mods had anything to say about it

leopard_babe

No kidding, MH are expensive. I am still working on the light thing.
You are right that doesn't look like my arm. Yes the bottle is in my lap, and my right arm is holding the camera. In the bigger picture it is more noticable.