what does ""live"" mean

ghola5

ok so im bidding on a coral on the big bidding sight right, the person list it as a live coral from her 200 gallon tank, so i bidded thinking its live , meaning living and still growing well now a person asked her if it is living since she posted live and she said live means it is a real coral from the ocean but not living, ok we call live rock live rock because it is, if we let live rock dry out it is no longer live, am i wrong? did she post it wrong? or am i just not getting it?

ghola5

I placed a bid thinking its really living, but dont u think she should have made it more clear since she is the one selling it?

R

reefernana

Originally Posted by ghola5
I placed a bid thinking its really living, but dont u think she should have made it more clear since she is the one selling it?
Yes, if she listed the auction as live coral, then you should be able to drop your bid since you have found out that it is indeed a past tense live coral, meaning it's a skeleton of what once used to be live. I would send her a message thru the site and explain to her that you only bid because you assumed it was truly live. And if she gives you any problem, just say you will get in touch with the auction site for being misleading.

aztec reef

yeah, that's what A LOT of them are in that bidding joint. "SCAMMERS", you gotta be smart about every detail or you will get riped off . look at pics, and ask lots of Q's BEFORE bidding

S

smartorl

Sadly, it is buyer beware. My friend just bid on a nice digital camera, really nice. She was delivered a photo of the camera. The scam artist claimed to be selling the photo of the camera. Once you knew the scam you could see the way it was written was very careful. She was able to dispute it through her credit card company and it looks like she will be credited back the money but be careful.

S

sudc

I dont understand

Did you bid on a coral without even seeing a picture of it??? I'm confused

fishkiller

Originally Posted by SUDC
I dont understand

Did you bid on a coral without even seeing a picture of it??? I'm confused
me too. Were you bidding on a bunch of corals you couldn't even see first? Live rock is "live" b/c of microorganisms, algae, bacteria, and maybe some little corals featherdusters if you are lucky.

reefkprz

Reminds me of the clothes dryer scam, some one was selling "used functional clothes dryers" for 25$ each...... you got a box containing two use clothes pins.

ghola5

there is a picture but it really does look like its still living, still has bright color,its not a white chalk color like most look like once dried out, i wouldnt bid on something that i couldnt see , its easy to think its still living so thats why it was easy to be confused on.