what eats Majano

ginnboy

what eats Majano ,if anything . I have a lot of them and it will take a long time to use Joe's Juice.

ameno

unless someone knows different I don't know af anything that eats them, I had hundereds, ended up pulling some of the live rock out and runing hot water on it to kill them out, killed all my coraline, but was the only way I found to get rid of that many. were I have a few, you can use joe's juice or mix a kalk past and inject them with it, although I found this to be a pain because you have to shoot it into them.

m0nk

Originally Posted by ameno
unless someone knows different I don't know af anything that eats them, I had hundereds, ended up pulling some of the live rock out and runing hot water on it to kill them out, killed all my coraline, but was the only way I found to get rid of that many. were I have a few, you can use joe's juice or mix a kalk past and inject them with it, although I found this to be a pain because you have to shoot it into them.
Yeah, I haven't read anything about critters that eat them either. Aiptasias, on the other hand, get eaten by a variety of butterfly fish as well as peppermint shrimp. Sorry.

natclanwy

Just to give you some hope I treated my tank with joes juice and I had thousands of Aptasia. Now 4 bottles of Joes juice later I am down to to less than 50 and hopefully will eradicate them as soon as my next shipment of joes juice gets here. It has taken about a little over a month to treat all of them waiting a week in between each treatment. The key is to stay after them because they will start to reproduce like crazy if given the chance to recover from the treatment.

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by ginnboy
what eats Majano ,if anything . I have a lot of them and it will take a long time to use Joe's Juice.
When I first started my 90g RR bowfront, I got a ton of rocks from a local reefer. IT was completely covered with Majano, Aiptasia, and Tulip Anemones. I placed two Peppermint Shrimp within, I zap the bigger ones of Aiptasia and Majano with Joe's Juice and the Peppermints went after Aiptasia first, then Majano, then the Tulips. I was told that they wouldn't, but I have no anemones left in my tank, I actually wanted to keep the Tulips.....Oh well.....