what else can i stock my tank with

xhappyx

currently i have one percula clown, one bullet goby, flame angel, and bi color blenny. i want something color ful. and active not something that will hide most of the time. it's for a 75 gallon reef tank. i've been reading up on schools but am not interested in getting chromis. something about them being under the damsel list doesn't sit right with me i had a bad experience with a damsel killing fish. any ideas?

schubert

There is some controvery over gallon size for Thalassoma spp. wrasses, but they are as colorful and active of fishes that you will ever see. If it were me, I would throw in a five stripe aka pinkface wrasse, which is amazing. Maybe a lunare...but I'm still not sure about gallon size.

vanos

Chromis are less aggressive than damsels and they are a schooling fish. 75 G huh? Get a Raccoon Butterfly fish and a bicolor angel-these will add some color.

marineman

becareful xhappy you have been getting some non-reefsafe and semi-aggressive suggestions above. once you add a problem fish in a reef tank they cause havoc and are very very hard to recapture and remove! many butterfly and wrasse fish are well known not to be reef safe! a bicolor angel may work out but some not all may nip at corals and clams. mine nips harmlessly on my 2 starfish. the blue reef chromis is active, colorful, non-aggressive, reefsafe, hardy and do well if keep in schools around 5 or more. pink square anthias 1 male/ 3 females make a nice reefsafe display. orchird dottybacks can be added in groups if done at the same time and are very colorful! :happy:

xhappyx

how many is too many. i don't want to overdo it. i don't want any real big fish . mostly small how many am i able to have.