What else to add ?

queek

I have had a JBJ 24gl deluxe with 20 lbs of live rock and 10lbs of live sand. It has been up and running for about 7 weeks NH3/NH4+ = 0 NO2 = 0 NO3 = 0 temp = 78 Ph = 8.2. I have a Royal Gramma, True Percula Clownfish and about a dozen Hermits and snails for clean up crew. I am looking to add a 3rd fish, a choice between a Pygmy angle or a Flame angle. I do have a few coral polyps in the tank. Which of these do you all think would be better for the tank ?:notsure:
Queek

iluvmetang

:nope: I hate to be the bearer of bad news but flame angels need at least a 55g but look on the bright side their are tons of varieties of pygmy good luck
IluvmeTang

queek

I am thinking that I will not be adding anymore new fish to the tank for a very long time as it seems I am fighting a battle with Ick

I think the flux of the PH from night to day is way to much (7.9 at night to 8.3 daytime) and I need to find a way to put a stop to this as I have been told that this could be the main reason for seeing Ick after being in the tank for 3 weeks or so. Working on a good diet and getting the water stable after that I will have to wait and see
Queek

dea_mt

dude take it easy...if you don't have a coral banded shrimp you should get a cleaner shrimp or a fire shrimp. either one will take care of ick. either way i have a fire shrimp AKA blood shrimp and i have thrown ick infested fish in my tank and the next day it's gone!
:happy:
you should get a pygmy...tanks to small for any other angels

avbryce1

Originally posted by DEA_MT
dude take it easy...if you don't have a coral banded shrimp you should get a cleaner shrimp or a fire shrimp. either one will take care of ick. either way i have a fire shrimp AKA blood shrimp and i have thrown ick infested fish in my tank and the next day it's gone!
:happy:
you should get a pygmy...tanks to small for any other angels

Good advice