What fish are in ya'll Nano's?

S

sinner's girl

I'm just wandering....
We want small tank for the kitchen. (not sure on size, I just started looking)
But I'm clueless one what, if any, fish would be happy in a small tank.

reeferdude

I am about to set up a 6 gallon eclipse with 2x13watt PC retrofit for my girlfriend and the pictures I have seen look really nice. If you want to see the pictures and the info on how to put it together drop me a line, bemoresynical69@aol.com

tiffster

I have a purple stripe psuedochromis in my ten. He is by himself because he is a mean little SOB. In the 25 ( 15 with 10 gallon sumpfugium) I have a false perc and a Sgt. major damsel. The damsel is going to take a hike to the LFS soon. Oh yeah, and a lyretail blenny on the ten that I can't catch to take out. :(

S

sinner's girl

Thanks! I wanted to know what fish other than clowns and damsel would go in a small tank. Damsels get so big, but we do have two other tanks to transfer them too I guess.
No way would I put clowns in a small tank (that's just me though...I had 1 clown in a 55gl for a long time)
scooter blennie might be nice, I really want a 6-line for the 55gl (or 75 if we ever do anything with it).
any other fish that would go in a small, say 5-10 gallon tank? (oh, chances are the tank with high, not long)
Thanks!
Reeferdude~You've got mail

S

sinner's girl

"try to ask the lfs to feed it frozen, if it doesnt take it, dont buy it"
????? ask lfs to feed what frozen?

chevytrks

i have a clown goby , cleaner shrimp, and sexy shrimp in my 5 gallon pico reef
in my 20 gallon i have a bit more, maroon clown, bangai cardinal, clown goby, neon goby, and a tiny yellow tang, with 2 cleaner shrimp, emerald crab, and various snails, hermits

jim27

18 gallon tall nano with a 2"(or so) clarkii clown. At one point I had the clarkii with a sixline wrasse and a green chromis, but the chromis died and the sixline jumped.

entice59

frozen food, sorry about that. Like brine, mysis. Scooter blennies are sometimes picky about their food, some do not take food and some do.

sagxman

In my 20L I have a Red Hawk (not sure if that is the correct name, it's not the Flame Hawk though), a 6 line wrasse which I love (hope mine doesn't jump like someone elses did), and a mandarin goby. I read somewhere that mandarins aren't good in small tanks, but my tank is well established and he is always eating little critters on the rocks and in the sand. I used to have a really neat cling fish that looked like a black sperm. He did a wonderful job of keeping the glass clean. I'm trying to replace him.

grouperhead

In my 20, I have a clarkii, a yellow wrasse, and a Brazilian flameback angel. May be a bit overstocked, but with weekly water changes, it is fine. 25lbs Marshall liverock, 40lbs Fiji livesand. Bo

overanalyzer

sinner's girl - clowns generally live in a very small area of a reef so most oscellaris and perculas live in very small areas ....
I have a pair of percs in my 20 with a gree nclown goby .....

chevytrks

mandarin in a 20 gallon may starve before you know it
i have seen one mandarin wipe out the pod population in a 100+ gallon reef before

sagxman

-mandarin in a 20 gallon may starve before you know it
i have seen one mandarin wipe out the pod population in a 100+ gallon reef before-
Is there anything that can be added the the aquarium for the mandarin to eat?

entice59

if you mandarin doesnt take frozen food, its probably not going to take anything else. I would recommmend trying live brine also if you can, and soak your food in garlic, if that doesnt work then it wont eat and sorry to save, starve its self to death slowly. Thats why i said ask the LFS to feed it some frozen food to see if any would take it.