What fish are in ya'll Nano's?

sagxman

-if you mandarin doesnt take frozen food, its probably not going to take anything else-
I think my comment about my mandarin in a 20g got mixed up with another mandarin post. My mandarin eats wonderfully, but someone mentioned that it might need a bigger tank so it doesn't run out of food. I was just curious if there is anything that can be added as "extra" food for my little guy.

dpdiver

I have a single Maroon currently in my 15. Looking for suggestions for a play mate. Was thinking either a Lawnmower blenny ot a clown goby..

searcher

DPdiver, I would advise against a LMB in a 15 gallon tank. I had one in my 29 gal tank. They get to be over 6 inches long and don't really look appropriate, IMO, in a smaller tank.
More importantly, I don't think there'll be enought food. Mine was a real aggressive eater. It ate any food I put in the tank, but it still starved to death. They need a lot of microalgae on the rocks so they can graze all day. A smaller tank probably won't have enough.

overanalyzer

Originally posted by SaGxMAN
-if you mandarin doesnt take frozen food, its probably not going to take anything else-
I think my comment about my mandarin in a 20g got mixed up with another mandarin post. My mandarin eats wonderfully, but someone mentioned that it might need a bigger tank so it doesn't run out of food. I was just curious if there is anything that can be added as "extra" food for my little guy.

Does your mandarin eat frozen food?
Otherwise Entice's answer is pretty much right on:
if you mandarin doesnt take frozen food, its probably not going to take anything else. I would recommmend trying live brine also if you can, and soak your food in garlic, if that doesnt work then it wont eat and sorry to save, starve its self to death slowly. Thats why i said ask the LFS to feed it some frozen food to see if any would take it.
If it eats frozen then soak it in garlic - otherwise it try live brine and see what happens .... if it does not eat frozen though I think you need to find someone with a large tank and large pod population to handle it!

S

sinner's girl

entice59-gotca, didn't know you were talking about the Scooter blenny.
veranalyzer- i know...mine stays in the same area of the 55gl but like to explore sometimes,
what is a sexy shrimp??? new one to me.
glad to know so many fish will do ok in a small tank. Sinner just bought an engine holder (?) so it will be a little longer than I though before I can get this tank, but that gives me more time to plan and to research what we want.

entice59

yup my scooter is nice and fat, i also do not recommend having a shrimp in the same tank with a scooter because scooters take awhile to eat their food and shrimps always scared mines away from its food making it starve to death, unless you want to feed your scooter with a stick every few days.... dont get a shrimp unless its a pistol shrimp

ty_05_f

I have a Ocellaris clown, Yellow tail Damsel, and a Coral beauty. I added the coral beauty when I thought my tank was 29 gallons. But I did the math and found out it is only 25 Gallons. I don't recommend them for small tanks.