What fish besides a 6 line wrasse

puffer32

eat flatworms? I have had 2 out breaks in my tank and i don't like using flatworm exit cause it killed some of my stromatella snails both times. Doesn't seem to hurt the fish though.

peppergc

Hi Puffer, not an expert and kinda new to hobby myself. But while crusing this site and reading descriptions of inverts and fish, saw that coral banded shrimp love worms including bristle. It states on this site 1 per 50 gallon tank.Good luck at getting them down in your tank. Also most of the replys I have seen on here from the experts are that bristle worms are good for the tank. Again good luck.

peppergc

sorry puffer i was talking about bristle worms and your problem is with flat. but coral banded still eat those per this site

puffer32

Thats ok, i do have a CBS in my 150, but don't want to put one in with my sexy shrimp, they can get aggressive towards small shrimp. Maybe i will go with the 6 line, but i hear they are pretty aggressive also.

costa13

At my LFS they had a flat worm problem in one of their tanks, so they put a mandrin in their. The mandrin ate all the flatworms in their sand. I am not sure if all mandrins eat flat worms though.

puffer32

Mine doesn't.......... And thats the first time i heard mandrins eating them. Not saying that didn't happen, just never heard of them eating them. But thanks for the suggestion.

puffer32

Ever try to get a small CBS out of a 175 lbs of LR??? Its a good idea, but not very easy to do in a 150 DT.

30-xtra high

oh... i wouldn't know... mine's in my 30. and if i ever need to take him out, i just lift the rock that he stays hanging upside down from.
well why don't you go buy another cbs, take the sexy out and put it in a fuge or somethin, put the new cbs in your smaller tank with flats, then when they're all eaten toss the cbs in your 150, and the sexy back in the smaller tank?

puffer32

Originally Posted by 30-xtra high
oh... i wouldn't know... mine's in my 30. and if i ever need to take him out, i just lift the rock that he stays hanging upside down from.
well why don't you go buy another cbs, take the sexy out and put it in a fuge or somethin, put the new cbs in your smaller tank with flats, then when they're all eaten toss the cbs in your 150, and the sexy back in the smaller tank?
Now thats an idea

puffer32

Originally Posted by montdj
You cant have 2 cbs togeter they will fight.
Thats what i was afraid of........

30-xtra high

i wouldn't say that, i think it depends on tank size, my lfs has a 125 that they sell their tangs and butterflys in, and they have about 4 2-3 inch cbs in the tank that have been their for a good couple months., and maybe you could have baby cbs!, that'd be cool.

b0bby1

i got a 20 gallon tank 2 months ago, planning to get a 55 gal. soon. but i would def recommend the sixline wrasse. i have one, n so far i have had no flat worms seen in my tank. ther not aggressive at all either, they are quick and like swimming around rocks and poking at things. def get one.