What fish in YOUR nano.

suver569

Just curiuos. I'm heading out to stock my nano. It's a 7 gallon, and I know i'm going with 1 clown eventually, not now. But I'm curious as to what other Nano keepers have for fish.

I have a 20 Gallong ... if you consider that a Nano ... I do:yes: ... But anyway, Im getting 2 Perc's and a Yellow Watchman Goby...

suver569

Ya, I love gobies and clowns. Definately gonna get a perc and a goby, not sure what kind yet. I want one other, something out of the ordianry though.

bona42na

Yesterday I put in a cute little true perc but Im having second thoughts about it. Seems he is struggling with all the current and Im worried about stressing him out. Im thinking of adding some small anemone in there to give him some comfort and looking for opinions on that. Last night after the lights went out my coral banded shrimp went out on the prowl and it looked like he was looking to get my new little addition. Maybe I need to give it time but would be interested in your thoughts on the subject. Cyrrently I have 32 watts of 50/50 PC with another 32 on the way as soon as my new hood is complete . This is over a JBJ Nanocube with allegedly 12 G but likely 10 in the display area. So does this fish belong in there and is it enough for an anemone and can this anenome co exist with my softies ? TIA Peter

bona42na

So after reading a lot about anemones this morning Ive decided its not the way to go. I need to find a way to give the Percula some way to de-stress. Lots of current in my nano for the corals isnt helping him much. Anyone have any suggestions how to make his life a little easier, Im still not sure if the CBS is looking to have a big meal out of him or was he just posturing ? Peter

fishtails

Bona42na,
I'd think the CBS would make a meal of the T.Percula if given the chance. May want to remove the CBS. Most WC fish tend to be less hardy than TR fish simply because they're immune system has been weakened from stress. Try feeding with garlic to help.
As for "making his life easier" do you have any corals? Lots of softies and LPS make great hosts for clownfish, but it isn't guarenteed that they'll host.
HTH,
Alex

diddley

i have a small false perc (about an inch and a half) and a green banded goby in my tank. water quality has not been an issue. they have been in there since january. the perc is growing slowly and the goby is full grown i believe. everyone's seen percs, here is the goby.

overanalyzer

true perc does not mean it is wild caught - true perculas can be captive bred and most are ....
a way to de-stress it?? provide it a place out of the current where it can hide, provide it food and no predators and he should be OK. Most clowns live within a very small portion of a reef and never venture forth outside of a small range for food finding purposes.
Some clowns will adopt other hosts - green star polyps, macro algeas, etc. If there is a cave area and the coral banded is hiding there the clown won't go near it ... I'd fish out the shrimp and go with one clown only ....

microman2k

in my 29 gallon reef i had one tomato and 2 damsels but the damsels were being extremely naughty to my corals so they got a boot to a smaller tank, so now its just my clownfish. his name is chingy and he is gettin a wife called oragami and they are gonna have babies i hope lol :thinking:

grouperhead

I have a standard 20g. 30lbs of rock. 1 black A. percula (2") and one chalk basslet (2".) Both have done fine and had no problems while together.

debbie

I have in my 10 gal:
1 Green Chromis
1 Tomato Clown
1 Hi Fin Red Banded Goby
1 Camel shrimp
1 Snail
For corals I have:
2 mushrooms with some little ones coming
1 ricordia
All is just great, sometimes the clown chases the chromis but no harm being done. Don't have any problems with my parimeters either.
Beginners Luck :cheer:

misty927

I don't want to start anything, Debbie...but that seems a little crowded to me. I would be hesitant to keep even one fish in a 10 gallon...let alone three. The clown is probably getting after the other fish because he's fighting for his territory in such a small space. Yes, they may be surviving, but are they thriving? Hope everything goes ok...