What Fish It?

gemmaandandy

Still Unsure If It A Lavendaer Tang. Help Please.
Yellow Shows Ion Fins, Eyes Yellow - Beautiful I Have To Add But Keep Seeing Pics Of Many Different Tangs And Think They Are All Her Lol
Also Are You Suppose To See Their Belly Pertrude. It Looks Big?

gemmaandandy

1. EYE SPOT SURGEON FISH
2. LAVENDER TANG
3. STRIPED BRISTLE TOOTH TANG
4. TOMINI TANG
5. YELLOW SURGEON
I HAVE TOOK ALL THESE PICS FROM THIS SITE CAUSE CANT FIND ANYTHING IDENTICAL TO IT :-(
THANKS YOU FOR YOUR HELP
ALSO, SORRY, COULD I PUT A REGAL TANG IN WITH THIS FISH? i ONLY HAVE A PAIR OF CLOWN FISH, A COW FISH AND A STRAWBERRY GRAMMA IN THE TANK. BEEN TOLD THE TANK HOLDS 8 FISH BUT DONT WANT TO OVER LOAD IT.
THANK YOU AGAIN

groupergenius

Do yourself a huge favor....if your serious...take all your livestock back to where you got it from, do some research, then try again later.

gemmaandandy

Thanks For The Help, Just Got The Tank A Week Ago As A Friend Did Not Want It Anymore.
Did Not Know Nothing About Marine Fish Until Now, We All Start Somewhere I Think You'll Agree!!!
When I Bought This Fish I Was Told It Was A Peter Tang But Cant Find That Anywhere On The Web And Boy I Searched For Some Hours So I Am Under The Illusion The Fish Shop Have The Wrong Name.
The Characteristics Of This Fish Represent Some Of Others But Not Solely One Breed And Am Unsure How They Change.
Forgive Me For At Least Trying To Research What I Have Just Taken On Board So I Can Care For Them In The Best Possible Way, Maybe I Should Take A Leaf For Your Book And Be A Pompous Ass Who Thinks Them Self Too Great To Help Others When They Ask, Whether Your Passionate About Your Hobby Or Not This Is No Excuse For Your Ignorance, Unless Your Expertise On My Query Dosent Cut It!!!
Serious Help Needed Not Time Wasters Please, I Am Trying Learn And Have Been Thrown In At The Deep End Here. Forgive Me For Any Questions You May Find Simple But Simple Answers Is What I Must Start With. So Many Sites States Different Facts, Only Varying Slightly But Still............
Thanks Again For Those That Can Help Me, Its Much Appreciated

groupergenius

Sticking with my other post. Seems by your overly defensive reply, your not ready.
Just my honest opinion. Not being obnoxious or overbearing, just been in the salt for 30 plus years...

aquaknight

What was wrong with my answer in your first thread? %%
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/367565/what-fish-is-it

spanko

IMO you got good advice here and are being a bit defensive for some reason. No need. Everyone here is trying to help. As I read through Aqua's answer on the other post seems he has given you a great analysis of what you have there.
You will learn that the time to do the investigation on what you are purchasing is before the purchase, not after. No problem we have all been there. If I might, your tank does look small for the tang. Can't say for sure because I don't see anything about it here or in your profile.

btldreef

Originally Posted by AquaKnight http:///forum/post/3162725
What was wrong with my answer in your first thread?

That's what I was thinking.
I think he gave you an excellent answer.
What size tank is this?

gemmaandandy

Originally Posted by AquaKnight http:///forum/post/3162725
What was wrong with my answer in your first thread?

hi
i do appreciate your answer and you seem like you know what your talking about without being undermining. I looked at the pic of the tomini and the fins look longer and mine has yellow eyes where theirs seem to be very dark so i'm guessing maybe not. slight dots have appeared on its head and its body now is fully stripped but the golden colour is faint on the fins, stronger when the light hits and a bright yellow circle round her eyes.
if it is read in the upper and previous question, now the colour has come out like you said it was faded due to stress i thought opinions may sway slightly so thought i'd ask again. this dont mean you were right or wrong but the help again was appreciated.
yes i do have a defensive streak as one day i come home from work with a tank of very difficult fish i have to say to look after and care for..not that i'm complaining as they are beautiful but to be told to research first when that was not an option and one of the first things i do is buy 2 books and search on the web, come across your group as i thought people who dabble in this field may wish to pass their knowledge on to help me enjoy this experience. To which i am finding few - some but few. If the sterotypical type of person for this 'hobby' is what i am finding i wish i was never placed into that category as it seem arrogant and obnoxious. for the more sensitive souls i have come across they are lovely and helpful indeed and i wish them all the best with their endevours.

gemmaandandy

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/3162754
IMO you got good advice here and are being a bit defensive for some reason. No need. Everyone here is trying to help. As I read through Aqua's answer on the other post seems he has given you a great analysis of what you have there.
You will learn that the time to do the investigation on what you are purchasing is before the purchase, not after. No problem we have all been there. If I might, your tank does look small for the tang. Can't say for sure because I don't see anything about it here or in your profile.
hi
the tank i was told hold 8 fish but size of fish or tank were given to me. been told by another its approx 100gallon tank which i admit is very small compared to some beasts i have admired. if all goes well i will be having one built into the wall approx 3m long and 1 meter deep. we'll see though, got to get the hang of these little bad boys first lol

btldreef

I'd just let it keep growing and adjust to your tank. Over time the colors might become more predominant and you may be able to identify it better.
I can't imagine being thrown into this hobby like you were. I'd pull my hair out!

There are some very obnoxious people on here, but MOST will help. Sorry you haven't had a very good experience so far

groupergenius

What you have is in the Bristletooth family. Have you checked Kole Tang?
""ALSO, SORRY, COULD I PUT A REGAL TANG IN WITH THIS FISH? i ONLY HAVE A PAIR OF CLOWN FISH, A COW FISH AND A STRAWBERRY GRAMMA IN THE TANK. BEEN TOLD THE TANK HOLDS 8 FISH BUT DONT WANT TO OVER LOAD IT. ""
Why I said what I said....the bristletooth will remain on the small side. The Regal will get rather large. Looking at the pics you supplied, the tank is fairly small. Maybe a 29 biocube?
My comment to take the livestock to a store and return them is not a "pompous arse" comment. You repeat that this was thrown upon you, we understand and try to help. Why kill the fish in the meantime? Learn and enjoy the hobby if you are truly interested in it. Just remember, if you ask questions, you might not allways get the answer that suits ya. Would you rather we lie??

socalnano24

Originally Posted by gemmaandandy
http:///forum/post/3162775
hi
the tank i was told hold 8 fish but size of fish or tank were given to me. been told by another its approx 100gallon tank which i admit is very small compared to some beasts i have admired. if all goes well i will be having one built into the wall approx 3m long and 1 meter deep. we'll see though, got to get the hang of these little bad boys first lol
You can always list the dimensions of the tank and someone can calculate it out. Some people on here tend to enjoy zeroing in on that, or run an internet search for water volume to gallon ratio to know for sure for yourself.
Number of fish will vary based on the specific fish, necesary space and expected size. There is no strict number for any specific tank

oneradtek

Originally Posted by BTLDreef
http:///forum/post/3163212
There are some very obnoxious people on here, but MOST will help. Sorry you haven't had a very good experience so far

well, if you have any questions feel free to PM me. also, check out other forums if you want. there is one that i can recommend that is by far, the best out there IMO, but i cant say the name on here lol ah ahahha .... reef central dot com