What Fish Would Be Good With These?

f1shman

Okay let me rephrase my question here. What fish would you recommened for a 40 gallon reef tank and the only fish I want for sure is a pair of clownfish.
I want some goby/blenny which is your favorite for this size tank?
And what would be a fish that is of good size, that would be good in a 40 gallon?
All Reef-Safe of course - and don't really want any firefish

druluv

Kaudern's Cardinal
smaller cardinals
blue/green chromis
Spotted Cardinalfish
Court Jester Goby
Cleaner Gobies
Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse
Semi-aggressive Damsels(ie yellow tail)

f1shman

wut about.. a blenny

or would any wrasse "fit" in my tank besides the 6-line? nevermind you did mention a wrasse, im looking it up.

tthemadd1

druluv.... dont recommend those little blue devils. That will be another one that you will post about getting out of your tank. Stay away from convict damsels as well. They will fight with fish four times their size..... Mean little buggers....LOL :mad:

f1shman

Ya im offciialy done with damsels lol, i let my lionfish take care of them, if you know what I mean... :joy: :joy: :joy:

f1shman

How about this guy? Has same requirements as the others Flasher wrasse you recommended.
Filamented Flasher Wrasse

http://a1272.g.akamai.net/7/1272/1121/20040331221146/www.***********.com/images/products/large/p_90161.jpg

druluv

Originally Posted by F1shMan
How about this guy? Has same requirements as the others Flasher wrasse you recommended.
Filamented Flasher Wrasse

http://a1272.g.akamai.net/7/1272/1121/20040331221146/www.***********.com/images/products/large/p_90161.jpg
I love that fish :jumping: , make sure you have a lot of adult pods for him to eat though. they love to snack on them.

Semi aggressive one are fine, just put them last in your tank and pick one type. Just like mixing tangs and butterfly fish.

druluv

Originally Posted by tthemadd1
druluv.... dont recommend those little blue devils. That will be another one that you will post about getting out of your tank. Stay away from convict damsels as well. They will fight with fish four times their size..... Mean little buggers....LOL :mad:
The Yellowtail Damsel is a good choice for beginners since it is less aggressive and does not need as large of a tank as many of the other damselfish. It can be kept in small groups, and prefers to have many hiding places and peaceful tank mates. It will ignore invertebrates in the aquarium and feed on zooplankton and algae.

fishkiller

My very good friend who owns a very nice fish store sells both tank raised and wild caught dwarf angels. Most of these are flames and coral beauties. THE ONLY ones that have picked at corals (and this means they pick at a xenia or one other soft polyp at most) are the wild caught specimens. There have been NO problems with any of tank raised angels picking AT ALL at ANY corals. When I speak about things so confidently, I am speaking from direct experience. I have dwarf angels in 2 out of 6 of my tanks. One is a young flame, the other is a coral beauty I've had for almost 2 years, and guess what.... No coral munching whatsoever, and they are both tank raised. I could imagine that there is a small chance of one still being curious even if you are real careful, but it is just that. A SMALL chance..... Trust me, if I thought they were that big of a deal, I would not recommend one.

fishkiller

oh yeah, and the only type of or relation to a damsel that I would put in a tank would be the chromis.... Besides the clowns.....

druluv

Originally Posted by F1shMan
I wouldn't take advise from someone named fishKiller :thinking:

tthemadd1

Dru its true what you say dont get me wrong it was the first fish I put into my tank. Although they are just very territorial and will attack other fish. I have had one in my tank for three years and it has led to the death of many fish. I think just due to stress. If you get one make sure that it has tank mates that are larger than the full grown damsel. Mine right now after three years is about 3 inches long. GOod luck and dont take my criticism personally just a personal opinion...
Themadd1

druluv

I guess it depends on the size of tank. I think we are hard on damsel though. Funny, clown fish are just as agressive as Damsel, but we give them a free pass. Try cleaning glass on their side of the tank.

f1shman

I've never seen a territoral clownfish, not even my maroon. Anyways, I got 7 more lbs of LR today and rearranged it. After that, I'll test it, if the ammonia still hasn't spiked, I'll do a water change. And then get a pair of clownfish.

golfish

Originally Posted by druluv
Your next post will be :
How do I get my darwf angel out my tank? :help:
Please heed this warning. :yes:
Angels love corals

so which angel diddo you have that was a bad boy? I've yet to read anything bad about the cherub or flame backs, I've had more then one of each with no problems at all.

kickedoff2

Hey, this is F1shman, for some reason my F1shman account isn't working and they're trying to fix it. Anyways, I have turned my lights on for the last few days and all the nitrate, nitrite, ammonia are at 0. And I wanted to grow some algae so when I get my cleaning crew, they'll have something to eat. Some of the rocks have a "brownish/red" algae on them, is this just a regular algae, or is it the kind that happens during the cycle.

jayc

The other Sat. my account was at 506 replies or something near that and then yesterday it said 480 replies. I dont know why. :notsure: Its still lets me reply and all but I dont know why it change the # of replys I had. :notsure: