What fish?

chris r.

When I read the tank descriptions it seems as if no one houses angelfish. Are angels really hard to keep or just really expensive? Anyway, I just wanted to know what kind of fish everyone has. :D

angels eat most off the things we put in to our tanks, Spoungs, soft corals, and sometimes hard corals.
I have a sailfin tang, cleaner gobie, scooter blennie, and two yellow damsels.

aceiswild7

i keep dwarf angels and a juvi emperor angel in my reef without any problems. i have a coral beauty. flame angel. nox angel. and swallowtail

predator

Angels are delicate and I would wait until your tank was set up for at least 4 to 6 months before introducing a angel of any kind into your tank.Tangs get pretty big and are not usually recommended for a 55 gallon.
I'v got a few tanks.I'v got 2 yellow tangs,a blue tang,a pair of ocselaris clowns,a chevron tang, a huma trigger, a panther grouper, a lunar wrasse, a coral beauty, a eiblis angel and a snowflake moray.I'm setting up another tank and looking into a achilles tang and a golden angel.

biggdriver

Some of my favorite fish are triggers.. THey seem to have a huge personality and each one is different..But when adding them I try to keep them the same size and plenty of spaces they can call "their territory" along with them I have put snowflake eels and some lionfish..THis is a more aggressive setup though..In my experience when I first started out Angels were really pretty but hard to keep along with some of the species of butterfly fish...Buy a good book that tells you the characteristics of each class and type of fish...A good book can save you a lot of money..try to get one that is up to date also..

fshhub

yes they will still be as aggressive, and angels are expensive and more difficult to care for and eat alot of the things that we want(all 3) plus most need more than 55 gal, and if you do want one, i would consider a dwarf(of some type) they are easier, smaller and require less room and some are reef safe
hth