What frozen food do you feed your fish?

alison

:happyfish Hi lionfish28, I'm assuming it's for your lion? Well, I feed mine formula 1&2, mainly because of the vitamins and good nutrients. I also feed live ghost shrimp and feeder crabs for a very rare treat. I usually go to the grocery store and ask for samples of certain fresh seafood. He really loves previously frozen scallops, and prawns, and shrimp and krill. I soak all fresh foods with zoe, and a little garlic xtreame, and freeze. Of course you defost before feeding. I mainly do formula 1, but once a week I feed the fresh frozen seafood mentioned. He loves the variety, and I can tell he's happier with it. - alison

lionfish28

Well thankyou.I always thought that feeding your fish raw seafood from grocery store is bad!Because i thought they inject a chemical into the seafood!Well i guess not

wakeskater

alison my lfs told me that it isnt good to feed an eel ghost shrimp but i dint knoe if you are talking about feeding the lion

alison

:happyfish Hi guys, with anything there will always be a lot of opinions. I personally think it is ok to feed raw seafood to fish. Not salmon though because it can be farm raised and injected with steroids. I only get krill, prawns, scallops, squid and shrimp when I feed the fresh seafood. I've asked lots of people and forums, and they all say ok. I remove the hard shell and clean it of course. I don't feed other stuff like clams and stuff because they are harvested sometimes close to shore and can contain more toxins. After all these fresh seafoods are from the ocean, and we eat them. I don't buy the cooked stuff because the nutrients are more gone, and I've heard your not suppost to. Also, about ghost shrimp, if they are small ghost shrimp I think it's ok. Thats what they eat in the wild. Alison

squidd

Those are those really cool race cars, like the Indy cars, 'cept they turn left and right on a road course instead of going round in a circle/oval..:D

nflnutswif

Just a cute story about feeding my fish. . . I had alway fed them the usual stuff. . .Homemade flakes in the morning, shrimp pellets, mysis, live & frozen brine seaweed selects. How ever I tried awhile back giving them the FORMULA 1&2 WOW!!!!:joy: every live critter in the tank came flying out to sample this new stuff! Whatever it is even the green brittle comes out of hiding and almost grabs it out of our hands it's great fun to feed then this stuff!!

razoreqx

I feed my lion mostly silver sides because he likes to think hes getting a live kill.. I'll give the feeder some shakes at the top of the water to get his attention and then drop it in.. He then devours it..
I also mix his diet up with formula 1 flake food, frozen squid, and sea urchin...
hth