what got you into aquariums?

shinobi9119

im not exactly sure, but my uncle got me a fw tank wen I was little and I kept many different tropical fw fish. I upgraded that tank(10 gallon) to a 21 gallon I got for 3 dollars. Kevin34 and I were lookin into saltwater (not sure of the reason), and I thought I would convert my old 10 gallon into saltwater. Kevin convinced me and I persuaded my parents into letting me go bigger. Now I will always keep fish in the house.

wangotango

We always had a freshwater tank when I was a kid. Once I was in middle school I started taking over the responsibility. Then one day I said "why don't we do saltwater?" That was five years ago.
-Justin

beenbag497

nemo
just kidding......i was at pet depot one day and i saw a clownfish for like 100$$$and i was like ..i didnt know they were that much im gonna go home and research them and sure enough i saw some awesome fish and corals so i begged my mom and she said fine
and i was like

alix2.0

my mom was trying to put me on a better path (divert my attention from other things) so she bought me a 20L.
only reason i made it salt was that FW tanks always look so dreary.

T

tiberius

I had a 20g set up with all the artificial stuff in it and no water back in 1984. I just used it as a conversation piece! Or, a night light. Then I met this guy and he is like-"Let's put some fish in there". So it grew to a 55g salt, 55g brackish, 55g African, 55 cichlid, 30g salt. Plus 10's and 20's thrown about the house where ever they would fit. Then when the 55 leaked in 86' got my 110g that I still have today.

jtrzerocool

my mother said that i couldnt have any pets...so i bought a 30g tank for freshwater and it all started from there...i only started doing saltwater after i met my fience and she wanted some "cool" fish...LOL...now i have a full blown reef...

R

regina13

I was at ***** and saw a kole tang(eventually found out I couldnt have one in a small tank) and wanted one, so I just started collecting all the supplies I needed and got some damsels (because they were cheap
worst mistake ever!!!!!) It just grew from that... and I have my 10gallon tank with a clown now and am getting a 100 later this year or early next year...

gregghia

Hot chicks... I think I got into this to meet all the girls that are involved in this hobby!!!
Seriously girls get into saltwater fish.. I'm begging you.
No seriously snorkling in the Bahamas. I had to bring that home.

skimmerfly

Well I always loved going to the creek and flipping rocks. So then I had to take some creek fish home and keep them in a tank. Fast forward to a job at a LFS that sold marine fish, and now I'm broke. LOL

krista921

Originally Posted by ric maniac
When I was 5-9 i went through about 30 betas named fred,
LMAO so did my little brother ahahahaha
were they red pahahah
anyways when i was in like 4th or 5th grade i had a five gallon freshwater tank, upgraded to a ten. nothin till this year when i got a 29 for my birthday made it fresh and then my friends gave me a tank and stuff which went salt :)
but initially i think it was cause i couldnt have anything else

yea i was really obsessed as a kid i would spend hours reading fish books in the library ahha

socal57che

Originally Posted by petieaztec
my boss had a pink lobster named

[hr]
..... she was too cool!
Not knowing the lobster's name is killing me. Now I'll be up all night.

autofreak44

i was websurfing and looking at pix and stuff and then i sort of stumbled on to swf.com... lookin at the pix of all the fish and stuff in the store... it toook me a long time to figure out there was actually a forum on this website... its kinda hidden

ric maniac

Originally Posted by Krista921
LMAO so did my little brother ahahahaha
were they red pahahah
anyways when i was in like 4th or 5th grade i had a five gallon freshwater tank, upgraded to a ten. nothin till this year when i got a 29 for my birthday made it fresh and then my friends gave me a tank and stuff which went salt :)
but initially i think it was cause i couldnt have anything else

yea i was really obsessed as a kid i would spend hours reading fish books in the library ahha
Actually, they were red..... lol kinda weird.

arod268

Originally Posted by autofreak44
it toook me a long time to figure out there was actually a forum on this website... its kinda hidden
That happened to me to I never knew the had a forum